Camera support beanbag

do a search on google....camera bean bag size dslr

have a look here scroll down the page, it might be an idea to make a folding one?

The best solution I've found is two beanbags sewn together. Wildlife Watching Supplies do them. Each is about 6 inches square and overall weight is about 1.5kg I think

^^^ I just ordered from you, very reasonably priced. Look forward to receiving it.

The best solution I've found is two beanbags sewn together. Wildlife Watching Supplies do them. Each is about 6 inches square and overall weight is about 1.5kg I think

Another vote for the WWS double bean bag, very good.

yep i bought one of these from wws a couple of weeks ago...awesome. plus if you get stranded in the wilderness you always have a supply of mung beans and lentils :LOL:

I have one of WWS double beanbags. Outside layer is woodland pattern. Takes two camo patterned liners and each hold 1.5kg of rice. Fantastic buy - just can't work out why I've waited a year to get one!

Cheers, Mark

I used to wear(out) a lot of boiler suits, the pockets in them make excellent beabags. To my mind the only honest use for a lentil is as a filling for a beanbag :D

You can your home made beanbags too. Take two pair of old men's jeans and cut the legs off at the crotch. Pick the least sturdy seam (of the two) and cut up the length. Do the same to each of the four pant legs. Open each up leg. Sew the four legs together using the cut side seams. If there is a taper alternate wide and narrow. This should make one long width of cloth. Seam up the two free ends. Now you should have a cylinder. Fold flat and seam bottom. Then starting at the middle seam the top to the side. Then leaving a space to stuff in the foam beads, dried beans or peanut seam to the other side. Whip stitch opening shut with heavy thread. You now have a lovely sturdy beanbags.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can your home made beanbags too. Take two pair of old men's jeans and cut the legs off at the crotch. Pick the least sturdy seam (of the two) and cut up the length. Do the same to each of the four pant legs. Open each up leg. Sew the four legs together using the cut side seams. If there is a taper alternate wide and narrow. This should make one long width of cloth. Seam up the two free ends. Now you should have a cylinder. Fold flat and seam bottom. Then starting at the middle seam the top to the side. Then leaving a space to stuff in the foam beads, dried beans or peanut seam to the other side. Whip stitch opening shut with heavy thread. You now have a lovely sturdy beanbags.

Wont this be a bit big to carry in your camera bag though.:bang:

Last edited by a moderator:
I use The Pod Red because they are functional, screw to the lens mount, cheap, get through customs in countries where they won't allow import of rice, mung beans and such like, are very light and just do the job. If there was better I would buy it.

I have difficulty understanding folks who have nowt better to do than sewing up trouser legs and pockets, etc and then on holiday going looking for a shop that sells rice, lentils or mung beans and then carrying it around with all the added weight ... takes all sorts i guess :)

Got a single bag and filled it with wheat - bit like what you get from a health shop. It's great after a long day out you can pop it in the microwave and pop it on your aching neck to warm away the pain and help relax.

It works fine, but I'm liking the idea of the double bag for more support alternatives.

Just ordered from you also - will give it a full safari test in 6 months time :)

this thread came up in a google search.... I'd actually already found her site but hadn't made the decision to buy. I have now (y)

I see these guys have done it again, seems Stealth Gear have moved into accessory market. If their camera bean bags are the quality of their clothing then I will certainly be buying one.
Check out their latest range here www.stealth-gear.com.

I rcently received my standards size camera bean bag that I purchased from http://www.camerabeanbags.co.uk and I was very disappointed. I had earlier purchased the super size camera bean bag and it was excellent. However, since the Super Size bag was too large, I ordered the standard size bag. When I received it I found it had been made of very poor quality fabric. I have my doubts it will even last the wildlife safari tour I am planning to do later this year.
I did provide this feed back to http://www.camerabeanbags.co.uk but there has been no response - there was no response to three earlier emails I sent enquiring about postage cost, one of which included a notice regarding school holidays on their website which had no past.

I bought a super size as a present and ordered a standard size for myself to take advantage of only one lot of postage and we have been very happy with them.

I can see no difference in the quality of materials used in both bags but this may have changed since I bought mine.

Very useful additions, especially in the car.

Heather

I'm not sure if i'm supposed to plug my wifes little hobby, but I can 100% vouch for the camera bean bags that she so skillfully makes:D:D

www.camerabeanbags.co.uk

Please remove if the post is against forum rules

Deano

Just spotted that you have a pic of my tog buddy using your beanbag on your site--the git never even told me..:LOL:

I recently made my own, a cheap soft glasses bag of ebay, filled with silica gel.
Stiched and viola...a duel use bean bag.
It stays at the bottom of my bag, keeping my bag moisture free, till i need it..then its a lens support...

Back