Can I have your views on these pls..

Name
Ian
Edit My Images
Yes
I took myself out in the rain today for the first time to do some photo work,, wow,, that was an experience,, gave up as I got scared for my kit in the end.... This is something I really want to pursue though,,, loved it..

I hope you like this image,,, I have done a B&W too, just for you to compare..

Thanks

Ian

Pendennis Point by Ian - Falmouth, on Flickr

Pendennis Point B&W by Ian - Falmouth, on Flickr

Interesting scene.
Not sure what's going on with the fuzziness. either rain on the lens or something odd going on in PP with dodge and burn?

NB: dont like the border at all

I like the composition and, of the two, I prefer Number 1 with the washed out colour. There is an impression of rain drops on the lens around the right hand side of the castle wall and on the rocks - don't know if that's deliberate? Agree that the border doesn't add anything.

I would like to have seen a slightly wider angle showing more of the rough sea, just off the edge of the rocks on the left, but the raindrops on the lens does spoil it for me and agree about the border, sorry. Good subject though, keep at it.

Rod

Prefer number 1 too, really dramatic and moody looking shot which works well with what you're taking a photo of for me :) Great shot!

I really like the mood and light.

I also like to shoot in these conditions. The rain drops are hard to keep off the lens even with a hood on. I tend to set up take a pic quickly, give the front element a wipe and take another very quickly and keeping the lens cap on when not shooting. Doing it that way usually means you only have a little bit of cloning to do when you get home. You spend more time cleaning the front element than photographing but well worth the effort.

also a point to note depending on the tide it may be worthwhile moving the camera to the left a little more and include more of the rocks (I only say that cos my wife was born 2 minutes away so we spend a lot of time at Pendennis) but great work love it

Interesting scene.
Not sure what's going on with the fuzziness. either rain on the lens or something odd going on in PP with dodge and burn?

NB: dont like the border at all

yes me too...when i get this its a downer
go easy on the sugar, lady!
good composition
cheers
geof

I prefer number 1, there is not enough contrast in number 2. However the fuzziness on number 2 adds something for me, if you could increase that fuzzines over wider areas to simulate fog it maybe worth playing around in PP to see if it would work. Maybe even try a sepia tint.

Regards,

Len

i really like the rain drops, it adds to the effect, horses for courses. well done anyway.

#1 for me, it needs the colour, but the rain is having a detrimental effect though, also i probably would have kept the land in to the left so it ran out in to the sea

is this hdr btw? it has that look about it

Last edited:
Back