Can someone explain what this means on camera reviews please

Edit My Images
Yes
I'm looking at buying a Nikon D5300 and will only be using it in raw, I have just read this in a review and feel confused,

"Continuous-shooting performance matches the D5200 at 5.1fps for unlimited JPEGs, and the raw burst remains a still-disappointing six frames for a reasonable 4.7fps."

Can anyone explain what there saying, are they saying it can take 6 raw photos per second or 4.7 raw photos per second ?

yep - it means it'll shoot at 4.7 frames per second, to a maximum of 6 frames - so for 6/4.7 seconds (1.276 seconds) as a total duration of the burst.

Generally speaking, all cameras are capable of writing jpeg images to memory cards quicker than raw files because the file size is smaller. This Nikon therefore can shoot jpegs at 5.1 frames per s for as long as the memory card still has space. However if you are saving raw files that slows down to 4.7 frames per s, and the buffer will fill up after 6 frames at which point it will slow down considerably (probably taking a couple of seconds to write each frame after that).

Back