Canary Wharf over the water

ACW

Edit My Images
Yes
From the usual city skyline location.

I was on the way into London this morning before sunrise (driving from Kent to North Greenwich tube station and then on from there) so I thought I'd take a short detour to the riverside and do a quick couple of exposures after parking at the station, and then on the way back this afternoon I thought I'd get a day time one.

Any C&C welcome and appreciated.

Canary Wharf Skyline Just Before Sunrise
by ACW#, on Flickr

Canary Wharf Skyline at Noon
by ACW#, on Flickr

Thank you for looking. :)

Its interesting to see the difference the light makes, the second one is nice but does not grab the eye like the first. I think the lights being on in the windows of the skyscrapers and the reflections in the river makes it much more complete.

First one for me - great colours.

I can almost see my old office on the 33rd floor of the Canary Wharf Tower!

Love that 1st one, the second lacks impact but is pleasant enough. Shame the Thames wasn't still for a full reflection
You don't visit London very much do you?

The Thames is NEVER still.

Its interesting to see the difference the light makes, the second one is nice but does not grab the eye like the first. I think the lights being on in the windows of the skyscrapers and the reflections in the river makes it much more complete.

Love that 1st one, the second lacks impact but is pleasant enough. Shame the Thames wasn't still for a full reflection

First one for me - great colours.

I can almost see my old office on the 33rd floor of the Canary Wharf Tower!

No expert here but love the first one.

Thank you for the comments - I completely agree about the first shot being far more interesting.

R.e the reflection - I've only ever seen Canary Wharf reflected in images where the body of water is the docks.

Yup, the first shot is a beaut, especially with the light reflecting off the glass.

Back