Canon 100-400

Edit My Images
Yes
I have seen many photographs of this lens recently, and there appears to be three distinct colours/styles? Do they signify anything? They don't appear to be white-balance problems.
Beige, White, Grey/Silver
??

id say light or white balance errors, didnt think canon use anything other than the standard off white.

Are you sure it was the canon 100-400? i think sony do a silver and a white. and some nikons are available in a whitish colour

This is from the canon-uk outlet shop on ebay.
14_27003.gif

It really looks silver (perhaps I have to correct my monitor?).
Looking at other sales sites, there are definite beige variants. Perhaps these are just from smokers etc.!
Thanks,

I would hate mine to be white, A4 print paper is white, Canon L white is not the same colour, it is actually an off white with a hint of grey.

In my opinion:)

Rather unhelpfully the touch paint container I have for a Canon lens just says
Gray Lens Paint for Canon L Series lenses and lens collars.
Make of that what you will.
Sometime last year I was told a Ford touch up colour was Beige ?????
available at Halfords, but I never found out which.
Coldpenguins pic shows the front ring as silver, but the rest as white on my monitor. And we all know they are not white !
C

We have over 30 of them and they're all the same colour. I hesitate to be drawn into describing it, but I'd say greyish off-white. It's the same as all the "white" Canon L lenses we have, except for the 70-200mm f/4 L IS which is more beige.

Ok, thanks all. I will assume it is just bad photographs of the others then (or maybe the beige ones are 'fake'). Thanks

Back