canon 1000d what's it like

Edit My Images
No
Some one is selling a canon 1000d for 195. With an 18-55 lens. What do you guys think to the camera

Was my first dslr - if you're just starting out it is excellent, you'll get very nice output even with the 18-55 assuming it is the IS (image stabilization) version. I recently recommended the 1000D & kit lens to a work colleague , he is very pleased with his

Have to agree. if its your first slr then for that money you really cant go too far wrong. If you use it and like it and want more then upgrade/buy more lenses etc but for now - a cracking first buy

I use a Canon 1000D currently (looking to upgrade to 60D soon) But its a great camera to learn with and also give you some great images.

Its a good camera but limited if you try to push it,the focus is a little slow and if you are shooting in raw the write to card speed means that you are limited to single shots.

Its a good camera but limited if you try to push it,the focus is a little slow and if you are shooting in raw the write to card speed means that you are limited to single shots.

You can shoot 1.5 RAW frames a second using the canon 1000D. It is said to allow 6 shots before the buffer fills also - i find this is really only 3 or 4 though.

You can shoot 1.5 RAW frames a second using the canon 1000D. It is said to allow 6 shots before the buffer fills also - i find this is really only 3 or 4 though.

I find if I have it on continuous shooting can get about 2 shots before the buffer slows it down, that is with a class 4 card.

The 1000D was my first camera and I found it a good first camera to learn on. I have just recently upgraded to a 40D which is having its first proper test this Saturday at Waddington.

I find if I have it on continuous shooting can get about 2 shots before the buffer slows it down, that is with a class 4 card.

Are you shooting RAW+ JPEG?

im currently using one also- and it ticks all the boxes i need it for....

i've obtained some different lenses and some general other equipment, and may one day upgrade it but as it stands im happy with the results im getting....

I thought upgrading to a class 10 card really helped the buffer speed and performance when using RAW. I never use continuous burst modes and I thought it was a good camera myself for learning on!

but now I own the 5D classic I can confirm that the Canon 1000D is not in the same league in many ways, but can't knock it for the money it costs.

Towards the end of owning it I only ever used it in RAW quality which helps to get the most out of it.

If its your first Dslr then great. Lens can be used for other canon crop bodies too.

This was my first camera and i done many paid jobs with it. As said it is limiting but it will take a good while before you find it limiting.

I seen the light and now am a nikon man :p

Back