Canon 450D v 1000D?

Thanks for the nudge towards the search function. I hadn't thought of it, :bonk: because I hadn't seen any threads before.

From the 1st link thread, I'd choose the 450D, but I'll pass on the info to my friend.

:ty: hashcake, Peter

No, just tell your friend to get a second hand 40D

Depends. Look at the extra features you get on the 450d- are they something you'd get good use out of? Personally I find live view really useful, and I'd miss spot metering too if I didn't have it.

Something else to consider is the supplied lens with both of those cameras. When I bought my 1000D earlier this year, it came with the 18-55 is lens, the 450D had the same lens.

I have noticed recently on the high street that the 1000D now comes with the older, non is 18-55 lens which used to be supplied with the 400D.

This certainly was introduced on the quiet & is very sneaky & mean from Canon imo.

I was in the same situation and ended up going for the 450D, basically because of it having spot metering which the 1000D doesn't. I'm so glad I did, I use spot metering a lot. Well worth the extra just for that!

Back