Canon 50mm F1.8 lens for just £17

S

Steve

As above, for sale on Ebay, currently at £17 with just one day left. This is an absolute bargain and a cracker of a lens.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=4687&item=7509592297&rd=1

Now don't go bidding against each other and making the price go through the roof. :LOL:

Just for the record, I don't know the guy selling it so I take no responsibility if anyone from here buys it and are not completely happy. if you are though I accept all donations ;)

I don't recognise that Canon packaging, all the Canon stuff I've ever bought has come in a red, black and white box with black writing.

Steep said:
I don't recognise that Canon packaging, all the Canon stuff I've ever bought has come in a red, black and white box with black writing.

I wonder if its imported ? There are other 50mm lenses on at the moment, with the red black and white boxes ! so i see your point !

Bidding's at 30 quid now with 18 hours to go.

IanC_UK said:
Sets off to start bidding wars ! lol

NOOOOOOOO!!!! Leave it as long as you can, or at least till someone else starts bidding. ;) That's one of the few things I like about ebay. There's usually always a choice, I just decide what my max bid is and wait for something to come along which is within it.

dod said:
IanC_UK said:
Sets off to start bidding wars ! lol

NOOOOOOOO!!!! Leave it as long as you can, or at least till someone else starts bidding. ;) That's one of the few things I like about ebay. There's usually always a choice, I just decide what my max bid is and wait for something to come along which is within it.

Doh ! lol will have to remember that next time ! too late now ! lol Im a bit of a ebay muppet ! LOL

That is genuine packaging btw 'cos mine came in a similar box when I bought mine from my local camera shop (who are very helpful fellas indeed - if you're ever in Southampton, drop by: http://www.cityphotographic.co.uk/)

(I paid £59 2nd hand I think and a fiver for a Hoya skylight)

Now standing at £56 with 5 hours to go. 7 Day Shop are selling it new for £54. Ebay is nuts sometimes. I bet the seller can't believe his luck! :shock:

CT said:
Now standing at £56 with 5 hours to go. 7 Day Shop are selling it new for £54. Ebay is nuts sometimes. I bet the seller can't believe his luck! :shock:

In the main, long gone are the days when real bargains could be found on ebay. Unfortunately people will pay almost full retail prices and that bumps up the value for the rest of us looking for a bargain.

Steve said:
CT said:

In the main, long gone are the days when real bargains could be found on ebay. Unfortunately people will pay almost full retail prices and that bumps up the value for the rest of us looking for a bargain.

LOL if i was going to pay within a few % of full retail i would rather pay the extra and buy brand new ! At least there is some warranty with new stuff ! :) I am still unsure about ordering stuff from HK or USA at the moment, although i have heard good stories from people that have done this !

IanC_UK said:
LOL if i was going to pay within a few % of full retail i would rather pay the extra and buy brand new ! At least there is some warranty with new stuff ! :) I am still unsure about ordering stuff from HK or USA at the moment, although i have heard good stories from people that have done this !

I've had a couple of lenses from the US, not tried Hong Kong yet, both have saved a considerable chunk compared with prices here. One of them even stated camera lens, the full value and there wasn't an import charge which I was expecting.

dod said:
IanC_UK said:

I've had a couple of lenses from the US, not tried Hong Kong yet, both have saved a considerable chunk compared with prices here. One of them even stated camera lens, the full value and there wasn't an import charge which I was expecting.

:) Its almost worth doing a cheap weekend break to NY (if there are any currently about) to buy a lens or 2 if you got the cash ! :)

Back