canon 550d Ebay

Hmm, 3 months seller warranty, not worth the paper its written on. Lets hope the camera doesnt go wrong in the next year or you could have a big bill.

As long it works and continues to, it will be an ok deal.

so whats the normal warranty? do the canons have problems?

Normal warranty is 1 year - anything, especially something as delicate a camera (any camera), can have problem at any time.... :shrug:

well that 7 more months warranty, but i got the camera £150 cheaper!! i was on a budge tho of £500, i had a 450d before

3 months warranty means nothing. You are protected by the Sale of Goods Act 1979.

well that 7 more months warranty, but i got the camera £150 cheaper!! i was on a budge tho of £500, i had a 450d before

9 months, not 7 months.

It's a risk that could cost you more than the £150 saved, I hope it doesnt and you get to enjoy the new camera.

3 months warranty means nothing. You are protected by the Sale of Goods Act 1979.

Does that cover grey market goods? I suspect not, but I could be wrong.

I think you will get a T2i branded camera instead of a 550D, not that it makes much difference but something to consider when you come to sell it on in the future. Warranty is short, my 550D has developed a fault on the screen already.

Dave I have

Sigma 10-20mm and canon 50mm 1.8

but looking for a good lens I could use most of the time, well a walkabout lens?? Any reccomendations?

Dave I have

Sigma 10-20mm and canon 50mm 1.8

but looking for a good lens I could use most of the time, well a walkabout lens?? Any reccomendations?

Canon 17-55 f/2.8 IS. Perfect walkabout lens and stunning IQ.

Would love a Canon 17-55 f/2.8 IS but is there anything cheaper? Or shall I save??

Would love a Canon 17-55 f/2.8 IS but is there anything cheaper? Or shall I save??

There are cheaper, but its really worth it to get the most from the camera.

Where would you recommend to buy the Canon 17-55 f/2.8 IS for good price?

Where would you recommend to buy the Canon 17-55 f/2.8 IS for good price?

You were on such a tight budget you had to buy a grey import with 3 months warranty, but now want a £700 lens to put on the front of it? :thinking:

If you don't want a grey import for the lens, either Camerapricebuster or eBay probably.....

The 3 months warranty is probably due to being a refurb, but worry not, we've bought half a dozen consumer DSLRs and 10 lenses from HDEW and Digigood on ebay over the last 2 years, had 2 problems all sorted out quickly and saved a fortune.

There's always john lewis for the nervous!!

Enjoy the camera, whether it says "Rebel" or "550D" won't matter as long as you're taking pictures with it. Too bad the seller thinks UK consumer law with regards to warranty doesn't apply to him...

Back