CANON 5D III BATTERIES

Name
Sohail
Edit My Images
Yes
Can anyone recommend any decent third party batteries for Canon 5D III.

I ordered through Amazon called "Power Planet". Chips works great and charge is on par with the original Canon battery.

Hi,

I had Power Planet ones ( Amazon) for my 550D and they worked perfectly with proper reporting of battery status within the menu.

Mike.

I ordered through Amazon called "Power Planet". Chips works great and charge is on par with the original Canon battery.

:plus1:

Here's the link to the one I bought from them... LP-E6

It works perfectly with the camera and didn't throw up any error messages. :)
In fact, I need to order another one.

:plus1:

Here's the link to the one I bought from them... LP-E6

It works perfectly with the camera and didn't throw up any error messages. :)
In fact, I need to order another one.

Are you using that with the latest firmware? I hear that broke compatibility to almost all 3rd party batteries

Yeah, mine's fully updated Tomas! A friend bought a couple of third-party batteries (not from Power Planet though) and had the warning screen so I was expecting to get the same thing.

Mine are manufactured by a company called 'DotFoto' according to the label. :)

Have just ordered mine. Thanks for the advise.

Yeah, mine's fully updated Tomas! A friend bought a couple of third-party batteries (not from Power Planet though) and had the warning screen so I was expecting to get the same thing.

Ok thanks. I've ordered one, and might get another later if it works well

I had the same problem with the 3rd party batteries saying 'unknown battery' in the menu but they still reported the charge info properly and I was happy enough using them but the wife told me to order some Canon originals to be on the safe side. I just use the 3rd party ones in my 7D now and they list everything correctly.

Good find on the Power Planet ones though, they are a great price for one that's not going to cause complications. I got 5 Canon off a 'very trusted' ebay seller that I've dealt with before and got them at £30 each and £10 P&P.

I can confirm, mine are manufactured by DotFoto as well. All functioning well.

Hadn't thought of that Drew... I'll be interested to hear what the others have to say. (y)

I got a Delkin Dual charger when I got my 7D. This is the one http://delkin.com/i-5829955-dual-universal-dslr-battery-charger-including-desktop-car-adapters.html and you need to get a pair of charging plates like these http://delkin.com/i-5937097-canon-l...es-for-the-dual-universal-charger-2-pack.html If you look on the site you'll find the price in UK £'s as well.

It's very versatile if you have more than one camera (the wife ha a 650D) that take different batteries you just need to get an extra pair of plates instead of a new charger. The leds give you the indication of how charged the battery is and automatically switches off if you leave the batteries in too long when fully charged, it's charges pretty fast as well (no longer than a Canon original). Since I got this charger I've only ever used a Canon charger once and that was when I was out and only had the Canon charger in my bag.

You can find them on ebay too from Morris Photo http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Delkin-Un...=UK_Camera_Chargers_Docks&hash=item20d4177adf but you'd need to contact them to see if they have the right plates in stock. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the advice on thread, I have been struggling with my 3rd Party Batts and 5DIII (Worked fine in 5DII), but won't work in the 5DIII Charger. and being a pain altogether since the last firmware update,

So have ordered 2 of these to have a go with, certainly cheaper than a couple fo Genuine Canon ones and good for slinging in the bag on days out.

So appreciate the tip.

Ordered 4 of the ones from power planet, 2 came today, charged them up, like the poster said, they work fine with the latest firmware, no warning message.

Back