Canon 6d low voltage charger?

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all, can anyone recommend a usb or 12v charger for this camera? I'm going to New Zealand and touring in a camper van. Although I will be using powered camp sites, there will be times when I won't be.

I've seen some on amazon but they seem to ages to charge!

John

Have a look for a small inverter. Just have to keep the motor running whilst it's connected.

That will convert you 12V to 240V so you can plug in your normal charger

Several universal chargers available and they tend to be mains (assorted voltages) and 12V powered. I have a Hama one (IIRC) and that also charges AA(A) cells and has a USB socket for other devices.

I might just buy a couple more batteries and wing it, it's not like the camera is power hungry. I don't think I've ever flattened one in one sitting. I just don't want to be caught short!

I have just done six months of traveling with my 7d2 and I had 3 batteries. All I did was make sure as soon as one was used it was charged as soon as I could. Never had a problem.

Expro make a few different ones:

http://www.exprodirect.com/eos-6d/

The swanky lcd one is relatively expensive, but charges 2 batteries, works from mains or 12v, and you can buy swappable plates (for a fiver a pair) to charge other batteries.

i'd go with a 12v - 240v inverter and use the original canon charger that way you could be quite confident the batteries are being charged as canon intended, a 150w inverter would be plenty

the way i see it is you already have a perfectly good charger and an inverter could come in handy for other things

Or how about a grip and use the aa battery magazine in emergency? sure you can get those out there :)

I don't know it this is a viable option, it will depend of how many shots you will do and how many days you will be camping, but with 4 or 5 (charged) batteries you can shot thousand of photos.
Just a thought.

Back