Canon 70-200mm f/4 L IS ... £700 new and in stock at Amazon Marketplace

Name
Stewart
Edit My Images
Yes
Here.

To put it in context, the lowest price on Camera Price Buster, excluding Amazon, is currently £900+.

However, I think I'll be able to resist this. Have a look at some of the supplier's other prices for Canon lenses (eg 28-300L £2932, EF-S 18-200 £660) and something smells a bit odd. It seems highly unlikely to me that this is genuine.

On the other hand, if you buy with a credit card, what's the worst that can happen?

[On the other hand, if you buy with a credit card, what's the worst that can happen?

You'll lose your money. There was a report on the BBC last week that the Credit Card companies will not honour the payment protection on the Credit Card if you buy from a 3rd party through the likes of Amazon. It would be protected if you buy from Amazon direct.

This is because, you pay Amazon and then Amazon pay the 3rd party, thus the link is broken between the Credit Card company and the supplier of the goods and they do not have to offer protection on that.

craigslist is even worse, there's an ad for a tatty looking hardtop for a MX5 @ £110 in Manchester so I emailed asking for some info,the reply I got was yes I have it and i'm open to offers so I offered him £80 for it

the reply I got went along the lines of
great i'm in bulgaria western union me the £80 and I can start the shipping process:bonk:

Back