Canon 75-300 IS USM focus wear

Name
Rob
Edit My Images
Yes
I have recent sold a lens which i have been using for race bike photography and seemed to me to work faultlessly. the new owner says the focus is too slow but i never had no problem with it even focusing on a 100+mph motorbike. can the focus wear or are they trying it on?

Maybe they just had higher expectations, in terms on focus speed.

If you know them or live near them, have a look at it, make sure it's not developed a fault.

I think this is the problem this lens was never known for its quickness. all the reviews state this

Totally agree I had this lens for a while and it's nothing like the usm you would find on an L. Ask them what they expected, how do they know it's slow compared to other examples of the lens?, again sounds like they were expecting too much

Oops I had the 70-300 lol oh well most of my points still stand lol

Last edited:
Sounds like the buyer was not fully understanding of what speed of focusing the lens has got before buying, I cant see how a lens focus would wear easily.

so its a doubt that the focus is worn? as far as i understand a focus can work or it cant work but cant be worn is this correct?

Last edited:
A lenses "focus" can't get worn in that regard.

The Canon 75-300 slow focusing lens and it looks as if the buyer simply didn't realise this and is trying to pull a fast one.

well the joys of ebay strike again even though its obvious the buyer didnt know what they where buying its gone to claim and i lost leaving me with a bill for final valuation fees and postage. for what? selling a perfectly good lens to a simpleton

well the joys of ebay strike again even though its obvious the buyer didnt know what they where buying its gone to claim and i lost leaving me with a bill for final valuation fees and postage. for what? selling a perfectly good lens to a simpleton

Bad luck Rob

One of the reasons i wont use e-bay, it's a quick google to see the 75-300 is slow to focus, but still accurate.

Good luck wih future sale...

got the lens back and it works perfectly. where do these people come from?

nothing more than a waste of my time and money

Update.... i Have no idea why but ive got my lens back and ebay have put my money back into my paypal account too. i called ebay for an explination all they said was the buyer could not answer questions set by ebay? so i lost the case had the lens returned and still kept the money.... result!!

but i just cant work out why?

Update.... i Have no idea why but ive got my lens back and ebay have put my money back into my paypal account too. i called ebay for an explination all they said was the buyer could not answer questions set by ebay? so i lost the case had the lens returned and still kept the money.... result!!

but i just cant work out why?

Result :clap:

Excellent news (y)

Fingers crossed this is the end of it,

Back