Canon 7D Leaked?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Raw/Exif can be faked relatively easily.
Think about geotagging from external sources as an example as how.

That photo had been debunked on one of the other forums, as having had some serious noise reduction done on it.

Also, unfortunately, some sources state that the Best Buy sales system list the price as being $2699, not $1699
2699 seems very expensive, whereas, unless it truly is $=£, 1699 seems a bit cheap.

Also, nice though that picture is, aren't there a lot of dead pixels?

Oh well, let's see in the next few days, Cedric!!

After a quick look in the thread, this image's metadata is interesting..http://www.backfocus.es/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/IMG_1325.JPG

It shows it's been taken with a 7D.
Or can it be faked??

I think it's the real thing. Everything sounds plausible and fits, plus it would be an amazingly elaborate (and pointless?) hoax.

Pro-spec APS-C camera, super AF, fast drive, trick metering, weather proofed etc etc. Canon's answer to Nikon D300, plus upped the ante on the pixels. Sounds wicked ;)

Has Canon made a breakthough on noise handling? :thinking:

Edit: I meant that the 7D rumours sound legit, not necessarily the pic in the link above!

Ahem, yes, rather.....:clap::clap:
And the new AF will be interesting, wait till Galbraith gets on to this one.....

Ahem, yes, rather.....:clap::clap:
And the new AF will be interesting, wait till Galbraith gets on to this one.....

Oh dear, I'd forgotten him. (Bet Canon hasn't :LOL: )

I hope we're not disappointed. I read somewhere that a Digic 1V processor beats two Digic 3 processors and this wil be the first camera from Canon other than a 1 Series to have twin processors - both Digic 1V at that!

It looks like this heralds a new level of camera slotted between the 50D and the 1 Series, with the the 50D probably continuing in production?

Well, my Canon contact has been strangely quiet over the last few days :shrug::shrug:

Well I really hope it's all true.

I'm trying to decide if I should replace my aging 5d with a 5dII or a 1dIII, if those specs are right and the performance is as shown....i'll be saving some cash and getting the 7d

I think it's the real thing. Everything sounds plausible and fits, plus it would be an amazingly elaborate (and pointless?) hoax.

Here's a pic from my new PenguinCam, V1. Its going on sale next week, ~£1500
This is ISO 128000, scaled down of course to fit with the forum's rules

;)

Only joking of course, but elaborate this isn't (if anyone wants to check the Exif, of course, if you look at the exif of the 7d picture, it is from Photoshop, not that I am insinuating anything)

Here's a pic from my new PenguinCam, V1. Its going on sale next week, ~£1500
This is ISO 128000, scaled down of course to fit with the forum's rules

<snip pic>

Only joking of course, but elaborate this isn't (if anyone wants to check the Exif, of course, if you look at the exif of the 7d picture, it is from Photoshop, not that I am insinuating anything)

I meant that the 7D rumour seems legit, not necessarily the pic previously linked in post #41!

But if you have a pic of the PenguinCam VI, that would be cool ;)

Now up until this weekend I'd have said that I too wouldn't have held that as a high priority, but after viewing some rather dynamic wedding shots where the bride and maids were jumping up in the air and the groom and his men were "buzzing" the camera the 100% increase in frames per second would have been sure to capture more images of which just one might have been the killer shot, tis the law of averages really :)

I have a 5d and tbh, i'm not sure if I'd be that bothered about a crop factor if I could still get the image quality, sure my lenses would be a little narrower, but I'm really not sure you'd notice much of a difference on the stuff I shoot, sometimes I dare say it'd be a bonus because of the poor focus point placement on the 5 I tend to get loads of wasted headroom if I shoot portrait and dont have the time to recompose.

But canon doesn't make an equivalent 16-35 2.8 on crop....:(

Just to add my disappointment... I was really hoping for an affordable full frame (what Sony effectively did with a850). I could only blame myself for not getting 5D 2 years ago. That was a great camera at an excellent price. Now I can't even get that. Great :)
On the other hand had I bought D300 2 years ago I would effectively have the same or better as the 7D 'nonsense' - but with 51 AF points and cheaper.
While 40D is a good camera, the focusing is really behind the competitors. It can't track any subject moving towards the camera, and accuracy with f/2.8 is not that good always (so I've been using liveview MF on tripod for landscapes). 10MP is all right, but for printing larger you always want more.
What is even more silly is the rumored buffer size of this 7d. I can't believe 15 frames at 8fps. 40D can do 17 at 6.5fps which is actually more useful most of the time. 19AF points is really gimmick. Only the centre point will be extra sensitive with f/2.8 lenses.
To be honest I'd think well before paying £600 for body only.

Perhaps 1Ds mk2s may be a good deal shortly, maybe 1D mk3, or even 5D...

Ooh exciting. Was thinking about a 50D or 5D Mk II. Maybe this is the answer.

Not wanting to start a fight or anything, but it looks a little like a D300s clone but with 18MP.

Wonder what the noise handling wil be like :coat::coat:

Whenever I read about new models being launched my "Must have syndrom" kicks in but now I have called it a day - no more for me. Started with a 300D to a 30D then a 40D, a 400D for work and now a 5D Mk2 and regretting not going for a 1D mk3. Don't ask me why because I don't know myself. Looking at some of my images taken with my 300D and kit lens, they are pretty damn good.

What I did find interesting though was the 100mm 2.8L Macro. I bet a lot of macro togs are going to love this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back