Canon Compatibles at 7dayshop

I bought one of these from 7days nearly a year ago , lasts longer than my genuine Canon battery . Bit tempted to buy 2 more :)

Am I reading that right - 2 for £10.99? :ponders:

It does say 2 Pack in the listing as I quote:

Product Information - Canon Compatible Digital Camera Battery - BP-511 BP-512 (BP511 BP512) - LCNV05S0 - 2 PACK !

Similar price to what I paid for two from hong kong via ebay (but plus high ish postage).

Mine are fine and outlast the original battery.

Agreed, I have two of them and they are superior to Canon.

regards

They sell them singly for 6.99 so 10.99 for two is reasonable :)

i bought a compatible last year, very good battery, lasts longer!

I got the news letter from them and promptly made an order.

I had one of their compats in the battery grip on my old 300D, the battery life was equal if not longer than the genuine canon item.

I actually resisted the temptation to buy the twin pack as i'm planning to put a grip on my 20d when i'm sure they've sorted out the contact issues with it. So a single battery will do just fine for me in readiness. The twin cell set up on the old 300d used to manage 1000 images with ease, so it should be the same in the 20d :woot:

Ah - yes, but if you buy a twin-pack then you'll have a charged spare. :p

regards

digitalfailure said:
I got the news letter from them and promptly made an order.

I had one of their compats in the battery grip on my old 300D, the battery life was equal if not longer than the genuine canon item.

I actually resisted the temptation to buy the twin pack as i'm planning to put a grip on my 20d when i'm sure they've sorted out the contact issues with it. So a single battery will do just fine for me in readiness. The twin cell set up on the old 300d used to manage 1000 images with ease, so it should be the same in the 20d :woot:

Indeed they have, been using my 20D grip for a few weeks now - not had any sort of problem with it solid as a rock in the hand and its fine with one battery in or two..............

why do canon sell their cameras with batteries that are less powerful than what they could be sending them out with...? surely they see a huge gaping hole in the market where everyone goes for alternative makes and not canon's own extortionately priced units...?
its the same, if i'm notmuch mistaken, with the 1 series too.

shiato storm said:
why do canon sell their cameras with batteries that are less powerful than what they could be sending them out with...? surely they see a huge gaping hole in the market where everyone goes for alternative makes and not canon's own extortionately priced units...?
its the same, if i'm notmuch mistaken, with the 1 series too.

Yep... the 1D batteries can be obtained far cheaper elsewhere. The only thing is I've read that the weatherproofing seals aren't there as they are on the Canon versions, and if that's true it could be quite a significant consideration.

Just a word of warning; cheaper compatible batteries may not have the thermal protection in them that the more expensive do (batteries do heat up as they discharge as well as charge - my old coolpix 885 used to get very hot as it was being used!) On another forum, I heard of someone nearly setting fire to his house whilst charging a clone battery for his 1 series DSLR!

Having said all that, I do use 2 BP511 clones in my 10D! :)

Thought I would wake this thread up to point out that this offer is still going - I've just ordered a twinpack for my D30! ;)

Yep - mine turned up today as well!

JUst bought an NB-2LH for my soon to arrive 350D (along with some other stuff)

Leo

Back