Canon EOS 1D Mark II Body

Name
Stevie
Edit My Images
No
Just seen this for sale and I was wondering how it sounded for price:

£999 - Canon EOS 1D Mark II Body - VG condition

It is from a reputable shop...I was considering because it is full frame...

THANKS

try an original canon 5d, they come in under the £1k mark and are full frame, just got myself the mark 2 version.

done a wee google and they are about £1250...ish

My camera mind is a bit scrambles just now...

Been lookin at a 500d and maybe a 50d...but just noticed the Pentax K20D which reviews well...

Choices to be made...

they are all vvv different cameras best suited to vvv different tasks might be worth working out what you want from your camera

full frame is not the be all and end all, eg for birds many say the 50d is the best body going, whereas a 1d would be the body of choice for sports

Some thinking to be done...again...

I've been spoiled with my Pannie FZ30 bridge...8mp...f2.8-3.7...35-420mm lecia lens...great manual focus ring etc...if only they made newer models like this I wouldnt change it...

as has been said, do you need full frame?

i havnt regretted it from my move but i prefer portraits and wideangle stuff, ideal for full frame.

oh and mifsuds have 5d for £999. they also sometimes come up on here for less than that, there was one on avforums too.

Some thinking to be done...again...

I've been spoiled with my Pannie FZ30 bridge...8mp...f2.8-3.7...35-420mm lecia lens...great manual focus ring etc...if only they made newer models like this I wouldnt change it...

There's a big difference between a bridge camera with 8mp and a dslr with 8mp and as for the "Leica" lens- they have nothing to do with it's manufacture, the whole camera, including the lens are made by Panasonic. They have a licencing deal with the German firm to use their name, nothing more....

done a wee google and they are about £1250...ish

My camera mind is a bit scrambles just now...

Been lookin at a 500d and maybe a 50d...but just noticed the Pentax K20D which reviews well...

Choices to be made...

Well panasonic do the FZ50, which is the next generation on from your camera.

None of the DSLR camera's above you mentioned are full frame..They are all cropped sensor camera's..The 5D MkI, MkII or the 1Ds versions are all full frame, Nikon do the D700.

To get what you need from DSLR would cost you quite abit of money if you like the 10x zoom of your panasonic.

Would this be your first DSLR?, the 1Ds MkII or 1D MkII camera's aren't that easy to operate with out some prior experience.

As for prices, the 1D MkII is about £900-1000, 1D MkIIn is about £1200-1400, 1Ds MkII is £1500-2000 and the 5D is about £700-900.

Peter

Secondhand prices are about
£750 for a 5d mk1
1ds mk1 £700
1ds mk 11 £1100
Hope this helps but i have seen all the above fetch more from camera shops secondhand
Regards
Lost

I got a Nikon D1X 2 mths ago for £300. And it came with everything, boxed etc. I'm trading it in at my camerashop tomorrow

Secondhand prices are about
£750 for a 5d mk1
1ds mk1 £700
1ds mk 11 £1100
Hope this helps but i have seen all the above fetch more from camera shops secondhand
Regards
Lost

Think you got your prices wrong, maybe correct for the 1D version (i.e. 1.3x crop), but not the 1Ds (full Frame version) which will be significantly more than you've quoted.

1Ds MkI £700-1000,
1Ds MkII £1500-2000

Think you got your prices wrong, maybe correct for the 1D version (i.e. 1.3x crop), but not the 1Ds (full Frame version) which will be significantly more than you've quoted.

1Ds MkI £700-1000,
1Ds MkII £1500-2000

A friend of mine just recently picked up one for the mentioned figure with 55,000 on shutter count the chap he bought it off had tried it on e-bay for £1,500 twice with no takers Chris had submited a offer and it was taken up by the gentleman. Body had a couple of small marks but otherwise was good came with 2 batteries and strap.I think the reason for the prices dropping on 1ds is the price of the new 5d mk11 Grey imports are around £1,725.00 with a higher pixel count & better iso performance i was surprised myself by the price he paid anther chap i spoke to recently had a friend who had bought one for £1,300 maybe the credit crunch is playing a part. But there are bargains to be had.
Regards
Lost

Back