Canon EOS 40D - cheapest price?

one stop digital are £719.99 body only
Digital Rev are holy crap £586!! nah add on £102 handling and £18 delivery

Allan

one stop digital are £719.99 body only
Digital Rev are holy crap £586!! nah add on £102 handling and £18 delivery

Allan

Onestop dig are in Hong Kong so its worth checking if the warrenty is valid. I think only lens carry internation warranties. I've sent them an email asking the question, will let you know.

Hello - in stock at Warehouse express - £838 body only

edit and at most other retailers. Looks like the UK stock has hit - all around the £840 price for body only.

Yes - and thank you to Silkypoos for offering the link and testimonial.

Ask them about changing the kit lens for a ikkle bit of 'L' ;)

I bought one today - Jessops had them in stock

£840, but I got it today from the shop (ok it was 9am when it opened :D ), and it came with 3 years Photo+ cover for free. That covers me for

Unlimited free repairs to your product in the event of:

* Damage caused by accident
* Breakdown due to wear and tear
* Electrical or mechanical failure

Seemed as good a deal as anywhere else with the added bonus of accidental damage cover.

Let us know what you think once you've had a play with it.

I picked up a nearly new 30D on ebay for about £400...keep buying these 40Ds as i want another body for the little lady (so does she ;) ) for even less!

I can't justify a 40D when a nearly as good model is half its price.

Kerso (Ian Kerr) has just told me £750 = £740 +£10 postage for the body only.
mmmmm....

Kerso (Ian Kerr) has just told me £750 = £740 +£10 postage for the body only.
mmmmm....

Mmmm very good price oldgit..:thinking:

7 DayShop have plenty in stock at £769 with a free Sandisk 2Gb Extreme III card..:)

Linky here

Just been to Jessops and they have 10% of all canon stuff.
Picked up a 40D for £786!

When i grumbled in ear shot of the manager about the deal not including a cover plan they said "buy the body and cover plan and you can pick any bag and memory card for half price"

I got a 4GB scandisk ultra, a filter for my lens, 3 year cover plan that even covers wear and tear, and a really nice lowepro all weather bag for £965!!

Now off to the bank to arrange a re-mortgage :LOL:

3 year cover plan that even covers wear and tear

That's assuming Jessops is still in business in three years time ;) :eek:

:LOL:

Are you sure the are jessops? cant seem to find any referance to that online

ok, done some digging. Looks like they import from Asia / US and resell. They have their own warranty in place rather than a Canon UK one.

still a cracking price though...

Jessops's brand was Tecno, which they have now closed down, not Tekmo.

The price sounds a little too good, and I cannot see anything about them online which would initially make me initially think it is a scam.

But the Comodo authentication appears to be valid which would suggest they are a real merchant. And if they do use protx then they need a merchant bank account for that so would have to have been approved by a bank.

The business number is also valid, registered with Companies House, though because they were only formed within the last year no accounts have been filed yet.

They claim that they "source our products from authorised distributors in USA , UK , EUROPE & HONG KONG... Each item are provided with UK plug or travel adapters... Most manuals are multi Langauge however if* Your language is not in the manual a link will be provided to download via Internet" and "offer a localised service to help you avoid the hassles of international shipping, should you require repairs for your product" and "All of our deliveries are direct from Our warehouse's in Hong Kong , UK & USA"

So it sounds like the reason they are so cheap is because they are selling grey imports from places like Hong Kong. And enough of use are willing to import such items directly ourselves to not have a problem with that.

But it does mean Canon will not honour the warranty on bodies bought from them directly, but as a British retailer Tekmo are offering their own warranty (as they must legally) anyway.

£694.99 with free shipping and £50 cashback (presumably Canon would honour that as they are a UK registered business) would be incredibly tempting.

Would still want to know more about them before risking any money, but it does actually look like they might be a legitimate company.

Michael.

well, they deal with email enquiries very quickly, and have a few good writeups on kelkoo. not that thats an indication of much...

Is Kerso's price still £750 for the body? It seems somewhat high as i was in Bath a few weeks ago and they had the bodies in for £750, and that's a highstreet shop!

Jessops is knocking off £26.99 with this code "WEBEX24" online and collect @ your local store.

P.S: After inputting code click on "Update Basket" rather than the ADD button next to the code else an error page will show up.

Jessops is knocking off £26.99 with this code "WEBEX24" online and collect @ your local store.

P.S: After inputting code click on "Update Basket" rather than the ADD button next to the code else an error page will show up.

Good luck, I tried this with them and ..... well read my other post!

Just got an email mail shot from Dabs. It includes the 40D for £761.98 then you can have your £50 cashback, so thats not a bad price!

As Tekmo take payment by credit card, and through a UK processor, would I be right in assuming that if it was a scam the credit card company would just refund the cost anyway?

If so it seems a pretty low risk. And with UK stores able to sell bodies for around £750, which if I recall was what Kerso could offer, it does not seem unreasonable that someone importing from HK can knock £50 off that price.

I am so tempted to upgrade now.

Michael.

Back