Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Owners Thread

Started reading this thread backwards from page 26, my thinking being that newest information first would be best.
Why am I reading this thread at all? Simply, I'm in the category of "possible upgraders" but what I seem to have discovered - and I've only gone back 3 pages - is that (1) my 5DII is a piece of junk by comparison, (2) that my earlier generation L lenses might restrict the capabilities of the 5DIV and that (3) whatever I paid for my 5dII back in the day when it was new has become a lesson in depreciation.
So that's some kind of reality check for me from which I take the following:
1. Right now I'd describe myself more as an old bloke with a camera than as a 'tog: I don't go out to take photos, I take photos when I'm out there.
2. My mojo is a bit weak and so I don't think I have the heart to begin a complete lens refresh.
3. Self-evidently the stuff about the 5DII being a technological junker is a bit extreme (or a bit purist, depending on your prespective) and my body and grip aren't fossilised.

Pause, right, let's keep going.....

Take a look over at DPReview in the 1D-6D forum, there's a recent thread entitled "Is 5d mkii still something?" Apparently it still is. Yes the mkiv has a newer and arguably better sensor and is miles ahead in the af stakes but the mkii is as good a camera as it always was (only older).

Take a look over at DPReview in the 1D-6D forum, there's a recent thread entitled "Is 5d mkii still something?" Apparently it still is. Yes the mkiv has a newer and arguably better sensor and is miles ahead in the af stakes but the mkii is as good a camera as it always was (only older).
Goal posts keeps moving so a camera that may have been good 7 years ago wont be good on todays standard

If anyone is interested (probably not!)

I sent my camera off to Elstree on Monday, got it back on Thursday (CPS Gold) and they’ve replaced the top panel. £235

Back