Canon EOS M Series Cameras

i love mine i dont find it slow at all, its not the fastest by any means but it does fine, the touch screen is fantastic, its very nicely built. I have a 60d and when i need something smaller its a gem, its easy and quick to navigate and most importantly the IQ is excellent and for £199 it was a bargain. I did buy an olympus last year but soon got rid of it, i couldn't stand the menu system

Last edited:
:agree: I love mine also. My 60D and other lenses werent being used at all these days so I have sold the lot. Just ordered the 11-22mm M lens as we are off on holiday at the weekend. The new 55-200mm M lens is also available now so may get the full kit eventually. :)

Recently traded one of my merrils for one with the kit lens and 22mm prime.Image quality is very good and touch screen very responsive and easy to use.Focus is fast enough for me but coming from a merrill its like a race horse lol!!.It can hunt a bit at times but have found a work around for this so all in all great little camera.

:agree: I love mine also. My 60D and other lenses werent being used at all these days so I have sold the lot. Just ordered the 11-22mm M lens as we are off on holiday at the weekend. The new 55-200mm M lens is also available now so may get the full kit eventually. :)
i didn't know they had a 55-200 will have to add that one:). I do think the AF performance has been over exaggerated, yes sure its not lightening but i've not missed a shot which is more than can be said for the fuji XE-1 which may have been quicker but would often not focus at all. How often does the extra milli seconds really make any difference anyway? Your not going use the M for sports.

Last edited:
i didn't know they had a 55-200 will have to add that one:). I do think the AF performance has been over exaggerated, yes sure its not lightening but i've not missed a shot which is more than can be said for the fuji XE-1 which may have been quicker but would often not focus at all. How often does the extra milli seconds really make any difference anyway? Your not going use the M for sports.

Yes, the M suits almost all of my needs. Also did well at the kids's football events. You get some out of focus, but you can do that also with a "big gun", so very happy with mine. the 55-200 has just arrived on Amazon and there is one review so far with mixed feelings. I'm going to have a good practice with the new 11-22mm first

I won't get it till a few more reviews come out and hopefully there will be good ones, will have to wait and see

looks interesting will have to see which is better, would cover everything if its sharp all the way

Just received the adapter thought I could use it with the sigma 1.4 but it's going back just makes a funny noise and struggles focusing, maybe it's just with sigma lenses? But they are ef so not impressed with adapter

Excellent IQ but I gave mine to my son, as it is totally useless in bright sunlight without an EVF.

Most retailers are now selling off the Canon EOS M, Jessops no longer stock it, Currys/PCWorld/Argos are selling them off at a large discounted price, so has Canon pulled the plug on it now ?

Most retailers are now selling off the Canon EOS M, Jessops no longer stock it, Currys/PCWorld/Argos are selling them off at a large discounted price, so has Canon pulled the plug on it now ?

It seems to have disappeared quite suddenly from Currys as well.

A google search finds a Currys listing, but clicking through gives a "no product matches search criteria".

Canon EOS M from £299 - currys.co.uk‎
Adwww.currys.co.uk/Canon-EOS-M
Free EOS Adapter 2 Year Guarantee + Free Delivery

That's what I'm seeing too, they did do an other in the last few weeks including a free eos adapter, so guess they where selling off stock

That's what I'm seeing too, they did do an other in the last few weeks including a free eos adapter, so guess they where selling off stock

They are probably clearing the decks ready for the much rumoured M3 due to be released in the Autumn. (I hope)

I think it will be a ridiculous price as canon have done basically nothing on the cs front so I suspect it should be good or will it?

I'm happy with the m and a 60d, i think the adapter a bit of a waste of time tbh , camera too small for most lenses and you dont get the response as you do with your dslr, it will be interesting what canon have done with the m3 but would have to be pretty exceptional for people to upgrade or do away with the dslr

Last edited:
Bought another M kit yesterday at the Currys clearance price, and now I've just gone and bought another 22mm this morning.

I really need to learn to resist this GAS...

That's a bargain... I can't see it on their website, is it in store only?

Yes, it's been removed from their website. It was £299 on their website with the EF adapter so a really good price if you can find a store with stock.

Stores can search each other's stock, I went to the one in the centre of York as it is a 5 minute walk from my house, they had the adaptor in stock but not the camera, they were however able to find one at York Clifton Moor (a 5 minute drive), order it, take my money for everything, give me the adaptor and then I drove to the other store to collect the camera kit.

I recently sold my EOS M but noticed Argos were selling their remaining stock of the 18-55 kits for £199.

Seemed rude not to take up their generous offer!

I recently sold my EOS M but noticed Argos were selling their remaining stock of the 18-55 kits for £199.

Seemed rude not to take up their generous offer!

LOL

I did the same, sold my M kit last month (you got my 22mm), I bought the M kit again on Thursday from Currys and have just ordered another 22mm.

I think I'm mad sometimes...

I'm about to pull the trigger on an EOS-M for £199 from Argos, is it worth it ? was looking at getting the 22mm too ?

I love mine,especially with the 22mm on it.The kit lens is very good indeed but the 22mm is very sharp and makes for a nice compact carry anywhere camera.Wasnt sure I would like the touchscreen but its excellent when you get used to not trying to turn dials and press buttons that arent there.lol

At the price its a great camera . I took a punt and was surprised how good it is .

The embarrassing thing is I bought one a few weeks ago when currys sold it with adapter for £299, had a play a decided I preferred the X-A1, and as much as I liked the ef adapter, it didn't feel practical when used with an ef lens. I then sold it on to a friend. Now I keep wondering what if I bought M and get the 22mm, will I change my mind about it ? Also one feature missing with the M was the ability to change the size of the AF window, unless I missed something ? And I miss not having wifi, love uploading Images directly from camera to tablet or mobile !

Last edited:
But saying all that the AF can be frustrating at times on the X-A1 :-(, and did feel the M was a bit faster especially in low light.

Don't make me do this ! :)

Go on ;), it's compact money for DSLR quality IQ.

Did anyone mention that the M + 22mm is cheaper than just a comparable lens for other systems? :cool:

Or that the 90EX can act as a wireless master flash?

Go on ;), it's compact money for DSLR quality IQ.

Did anyone mention that the M + 22mm is cheaper than just a comparable lens for other systems? :cool:

Or that the 90EX can act as a wireless master flash?
This is pure torture !! :).. yep the Fuji 27 2.8 (refurbished) is about the same price as the M and a 22mm ! Is crazy I know.. didn't know the flash can act as a wireless master :), would work well with my 580ex as a remote flash ;-)

would work well with my 580ex as a remote flash ;-)

It does, I've only messed about with so far, but it seems very good as a controller for any other Canon flash or flashes with slave facility. Works well with a 420EX and 430EX off camera, and works with other Canon bodies as well.

Considering it's effectively free in the box, it's a real bargain ;).

Back