Bargain Canon EOS M 18MP Compact System Camera with 18-55mm Lens £199.95

Absolute steal..I just got one of these and with the 22mm f2 lens its a cracking little camera.

Just got one as a pressie for SWMBO

£199

BUT YOU GET A £10 VOUCHER ADDED TO YOUR RECEIPT AS YOU HAVE SPENT OVER £100

So £189... Def bargain.

Steve

It is pictured with the flash but the description doesn't mention it anywhere that I can see... just says camera & lens?

Does this come with the lens adaptor? Currys have this a £299 including adaptor which is around £100 on its tod

No adapter or 22mm

90EX is included

Last edited:
Picked up a genuine adaptor for £45 from a friend who sold his dslr kit last year. Collecting it tomorrow

Last edited:
How does this compare to a canon g15? anyone?

Different in construction

The Powershot G15 is an all in one compact at 12 megapoxels. Stromg in comstruction good electronics etc

The EOS M is a compact system camera. 18 megapixels with intrrchangeable 4/3 lens

AFAIK the Can lenses are

M 11-16mm STM
M 17-55mm STM
M 22mm Pancake

+

Apparently all EF and EF-S can be used on the EOS Mby using an sdaptor which allows all functionality to be retaimed AF etc

So both are high quality - Cameras

I never got on with the G series. I felt clumsy using the G1, G9 and G12 I owmed

The M feels good when I used a friends onre but wasm't sure I wanted one. Happy with my heavy lens, gripped 50D but the M at sub £200 was too good a deal. The costlier Gs are too much £££ to have a play.

So time will tell.

The M suits me from the 2 week borrow I had over the fantastic G series I have owned.

Steve

Last edited:
I've been keeping an eye in the canon M-series for a while and was thinking about getting the next one they released in Europe (the rumoured M3).

Do people think that this is such a good bargain that it'd be stupid to pass it up instead? I could definitely wait for the M3 but now I can't decide if to go for this.

Thoughts?

Bargain! I find image quality from the eos m and 22mm better than a rx100...22mm can be had for about £80

Bargain! I find image quality from the eos m and 22mm better than a rx100...22mm can be had for about £80

Yep

UK sourced too.

I've been keeping an eye in the canon M-series for a while and was thinking about getting the next one they released in Europe (the rumoured M3).

Do people think that this is such a good bargain that it'd be stupid to pass it up instead? I could definitely wait for the M3 but now I can't decide if to go for this.

Thoughts?

I have been watching prices in the M for some time

I wanted one for family events and holidays etc

At this PricePoint it became a no brainer and whatever the M3 is or isn't, it will not be this price for sure.

Cracking price!

It is but try and find one..... A few mates are hitting the stores no luck yet.

Still avaiable in Argos at £189.99 with the £10 voucher.

New M on the horizon.....

Really enjoying the M!

Damn you Stuart ;), costing me £149 by posting that, especially after I had managed to resist the Argos offer.

It is but try and find one..... A few mates are hitting the stores no luck yet.

I got the last one in Tyne and Wear this afternoon, but from memory the salesman said there were still 2 in Carlisle, 2 at the Duty Free store inside Newcastle airport (but it's behind security airside so you need an air ticket to get to the shop) and 1 in Darlington.

Any Currys should be able to stock check for their surrounding branches.

Last edited:
Damn you Stuart ;), costing me £149 by posting that, especially after I had managed to resist the Argos offer.

I got the last one in Tyne and Wear this afternoon, but from memory the salesman said there were still 2 in Carlisle, 2 at the Duty Free store inside Newcastle airport (but it's behind security airside so you need an air ticket to get to the shop) and 1 in Darlington.

Absolutely right Dave

However 3 friends chasing their a*ses have found zero stock despite beiing told there was stock.
One has gone to Argos and is happy.

Glad you scored one. Great camera - been out with mine today.

Steve

Must have been in store stock for a while though, has fw version 1.0.6 on it.

Must have been in store stock for a while though, has fw version 1.0.6 on it.

Hmm good point

Must have a look myself.

Steve

lol no brainer at this price

Got one reserved at Argos , £180 with family discount . I hope that I'll pick up a 3rd party adaptor with the £20 saving .

Got one reserved at Argos , £180 with family discount . I hope that I'll pick up a 3rd party adaptor with the £20 saving .

You should also get a £10 voucher on your invoice for spending over £100

Steve

I picked up one today from Argos, I've stuck Magic Lantern on there for the intervalometer, battery life not so good though so make sure you pick up a spare or two

Back