Canon EOS Rebel / 300D - Body Only Now just £399

they are definately not UK stock as i enquired before i got mine, great price though.../sulks...

So what are the implications of buyng none - UK stock these days if something does go wrong? The dealer I used to buy a lot of my gear from, told me that Nikon Canon etc. have an obligation to repair your equipment whether it's a grey import or not. The same dealer advised against it though, as he said you'd be subjected to the maximum inconvenience and expense of the equipment being returned to the country of origin for repair, this being the manufacturers' general policy.

7 Day Shop had the cheapest price on the 20D when I was buying, but I rang them and they confirmed they were imports, so I bought elsewhere paying an extra 70 quid. In the event the first body proved faulty and I had a new one within a week. It's potentially quite worrying though when you're dealing over The Internet and you can't get an eyeball to eyeball confrontation with anyone. :shock:

If anything goes wrong with a product you buy from 7dayshop you just return it to them for repair/replacement.

I can only speak for Canon equipment but can say that unless you have bought a UK model Canon UK will not repair it free of charge under warrantee and will require you to return it to the supplier or Canon in the country of origin. The exception to this is with Canon lenses which carry an international warrantee and any Canon service centre will handle repairs. I have also heard that if you are a member of Canon CPS (Canon Professional Service) that you can get a repair on any Canon equipment anywhere in the world for free if still under guarantee.

Obviously if you buy from 7day shop you still have the option to return it to them for repair/replacement under guarantee if a problem arises.

Back