Canon eos rebel (your experience)

Name
Connor
Edit My Images
Yes
Are they any good?

My mate is selling one stupidly cheep.....and im trying to take up photography on a cheep budget.

Am I right in thinking this is also the 1000D?

I have one, great little cam and takes most of the lenses you will still use for a while even if you upgrade cam, so all good :)

Take a look at my flickr link for the pictures I have taken with the cam and see if you like the look.... although some of them are crap... lol

No I think its the American version of the 300D which was my first camera and it took some great pics I loved it.

There are lot of models in the rebel range ( an american branding) (UK have numbers) any idea of the exact model I have a 400d fab camera never let me down take great images easy to use (y)

Last edited:
I had the next one up (350D) and I loved it. It's a good introduction to DSLR. It's light and a good size, and easy to pick up all the different functions. Search on Flickr for "300D" to see examples of the shots it can take, but I'd say (based on my experience with the 350D as a complete and utter newbie!) that it's a good place to start.

dont know what exact model it is as he dosent know much about cameras

hence the price £25

will find out monday hopefully

hence the price £25

Sounds good to me even if it only lasts 12months by that time youll want to upgrade anyway so for a starter camera snap his/her hand off, has it got a lens with it?

:nono:
Sounds good to me even if it only lasts 12months by that time youll want to upgrade anyway so for a starter camera snap his/her hand off, has it got a lens with it?

dont know but will see it soon....

Last edited:
Had mine for 2wks, loved it but saw a 400D at great price so sold the 300D on ebay for £90 so you got yourself a great deal there!

Connor 1213 said:

hence the price £25

For that I'd be biting his hand off and getting it now.

you must know a memory card costs more that £25?!

Brilliant camera. I've shot stuff on my 300D that has sold to newspapers, magazines and in exhibitions. It's more than paid for itself that's for sure! Only thing is it's too slow to do any serious sports photography.

Are they any good?

My mate is selling one stupidly cheep.....and im trying to take up photography on a cheep budget.

The critical word I don't see here is Digital.

If it's a Digital Rebel, that's an EOS 300D from 2003-4 at a damn good price.
If it's just a Rebel, that's an EOS 1000 film camera with no flash from 1990-2, and you can buy it cheaper on ebay. :(

The critical word I don't see here is Digital.

If it's a Digital Rebel, that's an EOS 300D from 2003-4 at a damn good price.
If it's just a Rebel, that's an EOS 1000 film camera with no flash from 1990-2, and you can buy it cheaper on ebay. :(

Mmmm that's a good point (y), we are all presuming it is the Digital model.

well, only the OP can put us out of our missery

this is it

camera.jpg

what do you think?:help:

Well, it's a 35mm (film, not digital) SLR, released as the EOS 300v in Europe I believe (and as Rebel Ti in North America).

After a quick search on ebay, £25 including the lens is a good deal providing both camera body and lens are in good, clean working condition, and if a film SLR is what your after.

There's nothing wrong with film cameras, many people still use them, but you have to factor in the added costs of processing and the other disadvantages of shooting film that may affect your enjoyment and progress.

On the other hand, £25 isn't a lot of money so you could always buy it, shoot a few rolls of film and see if it's for you.

Well, it's a 35mm (film, not digital) SLR, released as the EOS 300v in Europe I believe (and as Rebel Ti in North America).

After a quick search on ebay, £25 including the lens is a good deal providing both camera body and lens are in good, clean working condition, and if a film SLR is what your after.

There's nothing wrong with film cameras, many people still use them, but you have to factor in the added costs of processing and the other disadvantages of shooting film that may affect your enjoyment and progress.

On the other hand, £25 isn't a lot of money so you could always buy it, shoot a few rolls of film and see if it's for you.

Its not digital :(

dont want it then lol

is it definitely not Digital?

Last edited:
I came across a seller recently on Ebay with new old stock versions of that camera, they were advertising them as coming with a free memory card :LOL:

I came across a seller recently on Ebay with new old stock versions of that camera, they were advertising them as coming with a free memory card :LOL:

That sounds like a crafty scam! As can be seen by this thread, most people see the words "EOS Rebel" and automatically assume it's a DSLR because of the fairly recent series of "Digital Rebel" cameras. I'm guessing the "free memory card" sweetener served to further reinforce the incorrect assumption.

There as some very crafty sellers around.

Nope, it is definately not digital. I have the same camera, but with the 300v name on it, its a nice little lightweight camera.

I had a 500D before. The image quality is pretty cool.... plus you can shoot HD video... excellent camera for a DSLR user

I don't think he can shoot HD movies with this one - unless he modifies it to take a crank handle! :LOL:

Back