Canon G1X mk2

Name
Phil
Edit My Images
Yes
http://dpreview.com/news/2014/02/12...ii-adds-faster-lens-and-af-to-big-sensor-body

Looks like a bit of alright? Shame it still lacks 1080p but there we go.

Also would have benefited the 39 point AF to make phase detect like the fuji x20 but nope, still contrast :)

I was a fan of the G1x idea but felt it lacked a lot of stuff to make it worth buying (for me) and the G1x mk2 looks to have followed in it's footsteps (again, for me). I does have some really nice stuff and for lots of people, a really nice camera.

Anyhow, nice to see they are continuing with the small body large sensor idea.

Last edited:
Will cost £200 for optional EVF bring it up to £900 or thereabouts. Have been looking forward to this but at that price it's well outside my comfort zone.
I also think that the control rings could be awkward in that a setting might accidentally be changed just by holding the camera.

AL

I have a G1x and its takes great pics.

There are few features on the new Mk2 which look nice - however the $800 price tag is put off though.

I have a G1x and its takes great pics.

There are few features on the new Mk2 which look nice - however the $800 price tag is put off though.

That's about £490, which isn't too bad. However, in UK it's been quoted as going to cost £749!

AL

I agree the price is way too high for both body and EVF. But like with most of these things, once Canon realise they're not selling at such a high price they'll drop the price a few times until it starts selling. In 6 months it might be worth the price.

The price puts it in within the range of small dSLR

I've had a G1X for 9 months now and as a previous G12 owner find with the exception of its size and excellent bit of kit and much cheaper than other current G series cameras. Having used other cameras with electronic viewfinders it's not something that would ever attract me and a definite minus point when buying.

Back