Canon high ISO best performance

But it isn't? And not for astro where it suffers more (than the others mentioned) from thermal noise.

Canon wise you cannot beat the 6d for Astro. I've tried to explain this for the OPs benefit but it's all on deaf ears.

Last edited:
He said he wanted a body for "professional purposes" which is rather vague, but which a 6d is more than capable. I mean, "professionally" what can't the 6d (or 5d3) not do re interiors or Astro?

He didn't really qualify why the 6d doesn't meet the bill (not that he really needs to but it helps when giving advice). I'm guessing the best high ISO and best body for Astro from the Canon stable as per his OP isn't actually that important then?

And if it's an additional body the 6d makes even more sense.

I think I'm seeing the usual camera snobbery rearing its ugly head here...
He simply doesnt want the 6d. its NOT a pro spec body end of and thats what he wants, i dont give a hoot either way, i shoot Nikon

He simply doesnt want the 6d. its NOT a pro spec body end of and thats what he wants, i dont give a hoot either way, i shoot Nikon

But explain how a 6d can't "professionally" shoot Astro or interiors.

What is "pro spec" anyway? Realistically?

Come on, forget camera snobbery and use common sense (and who cares if you shoot Nikon, what's that got to do with the price of cheese, I shoot 4 systems?)

Last edited:
Explain how a 6d can't "professionally" shoot Astro or interiors.

What is "pro spec" anyway?

Come on, forget camera snobbery and use common sense.
Of course it can but youre boring now Jim, HE DOESNT BLEEDING WANT A 6D he wants a pro grade, pro built, pro spec body.

I could scratch my arse with a screw but i prefer to use my finger

Last edited:
Of course it can but youre boring now Jim, HE DOESNT BLEEDING WANT A 6D he wants a pro grade, pro built, pro spec body.
Lol come on now!

Anyway, it is 'pro built'... The same way the 5d3 is anyway.

OP, you should be answering this not Gary :)

(And you've agreed the 6d can "professionally" shoot what the OP needs so you're argument is?)

Last edited:
Yawnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn, maybe the OP doesnt want to answer because youve sent him to sleep
Maybe?

And he's dreaming of that Leica SL recommend to him on POTN...

Last edited:

I could scratch my arse with a screw but i prefer to use my finger

You'd be better using a rough brick Gary!! :)

You'd be better using a rough brick Gary!! :)
Us older geezers use sandpaper.
snuggling-cats.jpg

Back