CANON LENS 18-135 IS

• Thread starter Deleted member 66071
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 66071

Wondering if someone can advise on this lens as may consider purchase of a used one to link up with my 40D/7D although not set up for landscapes[ not into filters] wondered if this lens could be used for landscapes.Did not want get involved with any of these super wide angle jobs as they tend to be more expensive.Anyone has this lens would appreciate any advice.
GEORGE

The 18-135 IS is the only EF-S lens we've still got. As I've got a 5D3 I've stuck to EF only for that and the various crop bodies I've had. The wife has a 650D and the 18-135 lives in her bag and gets used quite regularly as a walkabout lens. While it's not the sharpest or fastest to AF it's still good enough to get some great shots from one end to the other. The newer STM version is sharper and AF's faster and would be a good lens for video as well, but it is quite a bit more than the IS version. IIRC the 18-135 IS we've got was around £100 second hand so not a vast outlay for a decent lens.

I've also still got my 18-135 too that I use from time to time on my 7D if I don't want to take the 17-55 & 70-200.

It's a very capable lens and very handy if you just want to take the body and a single lens.

Thanks Stuart for your feedback its seems the 18-135 has mixed reports in general,what did appeal was the used price although what i have seen price was is £229.00 used.
GEORGE.

Hi Pat thanks for contact, having made quite large purchases in respect of my current gear was thinking along the lines of the Canon 18-135is.Was thinking about landscapes without the need for expensive lens or indeed hosts of filters.The various reports do give a mixed feedback,so will need to ponder on this one.
GEORGE

Back