Canon lens price difference

Edit My Images
No
Just been looking at buying a Canon EF-S 55-250 F4-5.6 IS lens, looked at most of the main dealers and found there prices range from approx £165:00 to one retailer at over £300:00, could the cheaper ones be and older version, or different in some other way, or will they be same lens but just a better deal, don't want to pay £165 for an inferior lens, don't want to pay about £230 for the same lens I could have got for £165...any thoughts :thinking::thinking:

the 55-250 isnt what you would call an old lens, they havnt been around all that long so as far as im aware there is only 1 version of it.

The general price i seem to see them at is £180-£200 so £165 is good and £300 is a total rip off.

Its a very good lens for the money.

According to Camera Price Buster the "best" UK price is Amazon.co.uk £198.95, so I would think anywhere around the £200 price would be right.

This is a fairly new lens so there will not be an older version.

Thanks for clearing that up, its Camera Box who are advertising at £164.99

Have a look at the Shopping, Suppliers and Bargains lists, several reports on Camera Box which you may find interesting.
C

I bought mine from them last year.
I believe they sell grey imports as they give a 2 year warranty and Canons warranty is 1 year.
It didn't bother me personally as a cheaper price and a 2 year warranty is fine by me.

I got mine a few months ago from ebay , i paid £149.00 plus £9.99 delivery .
It came next day and ive been really pleased with it . Its a brilliant lens for the price.
http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/trustsaleuk__W0QQ_armrsZ1

If you want some samples look through my flickr most are took with it . Ive just bought a Sigma 120-400 so am going out to test that today, but i wouldnt sell my 50-250 (y)

Have a look at the Shopping, Suppliers and Bargains lists, several reports on Camera Box which you may find interesting.
C

Advice taken, don't look good do they, thanks for that was about to order, I will start looking around again.

Advice taken, don't look good do they, thanks for that was about to order, I will start looking around again.

You could try Stuart @ Digital Depot or Kerso on here, I suspect they will be at the cheaper end of your scale, but both have very good reviews on here (y)

I've had 3 items from Camerabox, thought they were excellent! I understand they have a shortage of filters at present though...

Back