Canon Powershot A95 £200

Edit My Images
Yes
The top model in Canon's 'A' range is available from Pixmania for £200 including VAT and a two-year warranty, and allegedly is in stock.

The A95 is a great little camera and has a fold-out LCD screen which is useful for low level or over-the-fence shots! :shock: I paid £200 for an A75 a year ago, so this seems like a bargain. :)

I've today found out the secret of the cheapy camera - my manuals are all in French! Reckon if I complain they'll send me English ones?

Mais non. :wink: They do actually say on the website that the manuals are in French, but the really difficult thing is setting the shutter speed to un cent-vingt-cinquieme. :LOL:

I thought that they also offered links to English versions of the manuals?

If not check out Canon's website as they have been known to release them in PDF format.

Hope that helps Oz

Cheers guys. Having posted earlier, I went back to their website and found both the bit about the manual being in french and the URL to the english one.

I did try reading the manual and got so far, but my french isn't good enough to know all the technical terms. Looks like I'll be printing 163 pages when I'm next in the office! :wink:

Here's a response to an email I sent to the publisher of Canon's UK manuals - no doubt this will come up again:

Original manual/software kits are available for this model.

The kit/book costs UKPounds 13.15 , including post & packaging within the UK.

Cheques or postal orders must be made out to 'Robert Scott Associates' & must be in UKPounds sterling.

Credit card orders can be made by telephone, fax, mail or email. Please note, credit card orders by e-mail may not be secure, your card details are given at your own risk.

Please contact me if you require any further information. We look forward to receiving your order.

Kind Regards

Robert Scott Associates
The Old Barn Ball Lane Tackley Oxfordshire OX5 3AG
Telephone ( 01869 ) 331741 Fax ( 01869 ) 331641

gah thats shocking selling you manuals that are free onoine, canon are even having really old ones from what i read in EOS mag!!

I know. The only reason I've bought it is cos the manual is smaller than A5 but the PDF is full page and I only have A4 printers at my disposal. I sure don't want to carry a huge wedge of A4 paper with me every time so I was rather over a barrel... the good thing is that I could stick the french one on Ebay and sell it as rare :D

Back