Canon price rise in the offing?

Edit My Images
No
Heard a couple of rumours now about Canon's prices going up in the near future. As I'm in the market for a new body I'm getting itchy wallet syndrome because of this.

Anyone have anything more concrete or simply any more rumours?

But what I don't understand is the Yen-to-Pound exchange rate has been going up for the past three months, meaning there are more Yen to the Pound thus any given price in Yen would equate to fewer Pounds.

So why are prices going up?

Buying lenses has been a better investment than leaving money in the bank !!.

buy them now :) you never know, you may make a few quid if you ever upgrade...;) i brought a cheap nifty fifty for 50 quid, 1 year ago.... sold it yesterday for 60 :D:LOL::D

i was tempting to buy canon 450d twin lens a week ago for £599, now its £699
**** i wait more ???

I've been told (from someone who would be in a position to know) that Canon will be making small increases to their wholesale prices in EMEA regions, but that it's not expected that retail prices will be affected much. (Seems surprising to me since I'm not sure how many retailers are in a position to absorb the extra expense)

But what I don't understand is the Yen-to-Pound exchange rate has been going up for the past three months, meaning there are more Yen to the Pound thus any given price in Yen would equate to fewer Pounds.

So why are prices going up?

It was going the other way before that, dropping and dropping, and Jan/Feb was around the time everyone jacked up their lens prices, using the Japanese exchange rate as an excuse/valid reason. It may have been rising since but companies are more likely to raise their prices when the market fluctuates than drop them when it goes back the other way.

Back