Canon printer problem

Name
Dan
Edit My Images
No
We have a Canon i-sensys MF212W laser printer on a wireless network together with a PC (with wi-fi dongle) and a laptop, both of which run W10. Until recently, everything worked and I was a happy bunny.

We haven't changed any settings intentionally recently, but now all that happens when we send a doc from the PC to the printer is that it just sits in the print queue, and I am not a happy bunny. Troubleshooting the printer from Devices and Printers draws a blank - "can't identify the problem". But it prints normally from the laptop!

This has to be something obvious, but I'm damned if I can see what that is, so in a word - help please :(

Haven't got that model printer, but it is a Canon. Upon installing W10 I got the same problem.
I uninstalled the printer, then let W10 'find it' again and all was back to normal.

When that happens to me I've usually found I've paused the printer and forgotten about it :-(

Haven't got that model printer, but it is a Canon. Upon installing W10 I got the same problem.
I uninstalled the printer, then let W10 'find it' again and all was back to normal.

Glad it worked for you, but it hasn't for me. I uninstalled the printer, and now W10 can't find it ...

:(

Al;ways found Canon most helpful, drop them an e-mail or Phone them.

If your PC can't find it, but your laptop can, can your PC find other network resources? Have you got any anti-virus software running on your PC that could block local network resources from being discoverable? There was a big update from Microsoft last week for Windows 10, perhaps it has somehow identified your local area network as public network.

I'd start with trying to connect to other network resources first and see whether you can connect to those from your PC.

Cheers, Sir. PC can find the laptop, which is the only other thing on this ("Homegroup") network, and both of them run the same antivirus, neither of which has been altered since long before this problem arose :(

We have a Canon i-sensys MF212W laser printer on a wireless network together with a PC (with wi-fi dongle) :(

It's not your wifi dongle that's playing up ?
Your laptop finds it okay but that has built in wifi.

So from reading your other posts, this seems to be the only difference between the 2 computers...

Have you tried connecting the printer directly to the PC via USB (?) and does the PC then find it / print okay - will it then print via wireless ???

Cheers, Sir. PC can find the laptop, which is the only other thing on this ("Homegroup") network, and both of them run the same antivirus, neither of which has been altered since long before this problem arose :(
Oh bother - there goes that theory :)

And you've already removed the printer, checked device manager that it is gone, restarted the computer and attempt to discover it again haven't you?

And you can connect to the Remote UI via a webbrowser from your PC right? http://ip-address-of-printer

Have you tried connecting the printer directly to the PC via USB (?) and does the PC then find it / print okay ..
Yep

- will it then print via wireless ???
Nope

And you've already removed the printer, checked device manager that it is gone, restarted the computer and attempt to discover it again haven't you?
Yep

And you can connect to the Remote UI via a webbrowser from your PC right? http://ip-address-of-printer
Yep

This is really scrolling my nerd ...

I'm out of ideas :( Most peculiar.

just a few things, can the PC get to the internet? This would indicate the dongle is up and running.

Can you get a status page out of the printer?
Does it have an ip address such as 193.168.1.156?

can you then ping that from the PC?

just a few things, can the PC get to the internet? This would indicate the dongle is up and running.

Can you get a status page out of the printer?
Does it have an ip address such as 193.168.1.156?

can you then ping that from the PC?
The PC can reach the laptop and the Remote UI of the printer on http://whatever_the_ip_is as stated earlier ;)

And by way of a thrilling update, the excitement is slowly dying down here now after my discovery that we're back in business. I blame the aliens. Every trick in the book, three complete removals and installations and the best part of a halfway-decent bottle of red, et voilà! The thing suddenly decides to play ball ... :rolleyes:

And by way of a thrilling update, the excitement is slowly dying down here now after my discovery that we're back in business. I blame the aliens. Every trick in the book, three complete removals and installations and the best part of a halfway-decent bottle of red, et voilà! The thing suddenly decides to play ball ... :rolleyes:

You poured wine over it? :eek:

Back