Can't transfer photos off my D90

Name
Ollie Adams-Liggins
Edit My Images
Yes
So i just got my D90 and shot a couple photos which i want to upload.

Trouble is, i cant view it.

It goes to "installing device driver software" and then goes to "failed to install" blah blah. It doesn't appear in my computer, apart from when it is trying to install the drivers. As soon as it fails, it dissapears.

Nikon software doesnt help, doesnt pick it up with that either.

In device manager it just shows the D90 with this: This device cannot start. (Code 10)

Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available.

Any suggestions?

Have you tried a different USB port ( if you have more than 1 ).

As you say it works on the pc, that isn't conclusive, but it does point away from the camera or link cord.

just make sure that you have not accidentally changed he in camera seting for how the camera acts when connected to a usb device, there are 2 settings one is DPOF and the otherone I can not remember, it should not be set to DPOF.

just make sure that you have not accidentally changed he in camera seting for how the camera acts when connected to a usb device, there are 2 settings one is DPOF and the otherone I can not remember, it should not be set to DPOF.

Where is this going to be on the camera? :/

I havent touched anything *** since i bought it earlier.

Where is this going to be on the camera? :/

I havent touched anything *** since i bought it earlier.

I am not sure on the D90, have a look in the Owners manual under DPOF or connecting to computer and it should be in there.

Have you installed Nikon transfer / View NX ? I use these all the time on a mac and PC.

Looks like your laptop is having problems with the driver for the D90. Check the driver and reinstall from the supplied software disk if required by following the link. It may be corrupted or conflicting with another device

Diagnosing connection problems

I am not sure on the D90, have a look in the Owners manual under DPOF or connecting to computer and it should be in there.

Page 149 of the D90 user manual covers connecting to a computer... theres no mention of 'Setup Menu' options for USB connection like there is on the D300 ( and by the sound of it the D200)

Back