=Capture a stranger street style=

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMGP2927.jpg

I love browsing through this thread. A bit put off by the shorter focal lengths, I don't think my confidence would allow me to get that close :shake:

I might put an order in for a 600mm and start from there :D

Right I'm inspired going out at the weekend with my camera

Taken in Saumur, France. The guy was spark-out.
3867876454_eff17713fe.jpg

Last edited:
You guys are pretty good at this and some of the images are simply breathtaking... :clap:

Some of us are not so good and some of our images are stunningly poor by comparison... :D ... they might be better if there were not any people involved...

To prove the point...

Street_1.jpg

One of my few attempts at street stuff... :shrug: ... I cannot see myself ever feeling good about getting out there amongst PEOPLE... :cautious:

:p

One of my few attempts at street stuff... :shrug: ... I cannot see myself ever feeling good about getting out there amongst PEOPLE

That's a good street shot, and I like the orange bag, now just try to isolate a few people, they won't notice, really :D

Candid's are hard and I'm still not comfortable taking them either, but when I get home I'm buzzed.

Really like that last shot jgredline!

I've just seen this thread....somehow...

There are some fantastic shots!

Here is one of mine, taken in Harajuku in Tokyo:

124.jpg

And another, on a late train from Kobe..not exactly 'street style' but I see there are some other shots on trains. This is quite a favourite of mine..the lone passenger adds to the shot, and also presents a stark contrast to the sterotypical images of Japanese trains.

1323800.jpg

I have some more, I will have a dig later!

Last edited:
Really like that last shot jgredline!

I've just seen this thread....somehow...

There are some fantastic shots!

Here is one of mine, taken in Harajuku in Tokyo:

124.jpg

And another, on a late train from Kobe..not exactly 'street style' but I see there are some other shots on trains. This is quite a favourite of mine..the lone passenger adds to the shot, and also presents a stark contrast to the sterotypical images of Japanese trains.

1323800.jpg

I have some more, I will have a dig later!

Thank you and I love that subway shot! Please dig and post more :)

Not strictly from "The Street", but a few candids from the Pitlochry Highland Games...:D

Scotland_Sept09_656copy.jpg

Scotland_Sept09_658.jpg

Scotland_Sept09_673.jpg

Scotland_Sept09_675.jpg

Scotland_Sept09_699.jpg

Scotland_Sept09_701.jpg

tri1.jpg

tri2.jpg

tri.jpg

Today I decided to go do some street shooting. I had other plans but changed my mind. I put together 12 care packages consisting of toilet paper, tooth brush and tooth paste, can foods, some candy and peach juice..
I had my son Daniel help me put them together and I was off to Venice beach. Since Daniel is not feeling well, I went by myself...

danielleIMG_2271.jpg

I met Danielle this day in Venice. Her sign pretty much says it all. I gave her a care package and said she especially appreciated the tooth brush and tooth paste. May God bless her.

etbIMG_2170.jpg

As I was making my way around, this gal caught my eye. I went up to her and asked her what her name is. She said her name was ET because she had no home. I then gave her a care package and told her she was not junk...She told me she appreciated the tooth brush because she could brush her tongue as she had no teeth..The food she got was perfect because it was soft food, so no teeth, no problem... We spoke for a little while and as I left, she said to me, that she thought nobody loved her...I wish I could have done more...May the Lord Jesus bless her...

----------------------
pokahantasbIMG_1990.jpg

Hi folks...Meet Pokahantas...Perhaps the sweetest and most appreciative of all the folks I ran into today...She had no hands and yet managed to get the food open and really she loved the kerns juice...She really appreciated the toilet paper as well...I told her she was every bit as pretty as the Indian Pokanahtas and that brought out a smile that I happened to catch... May God bless her...

--------------------------------------
john.jpg

Meet John...As my day was coming to and end, I passed this fellow by. He asked me for some money for food..Instead I went to my truck to see what I could put together. I had enough left over to put together one more care package...I gave it to him and talked with him for a little bit. When I was leaving, I asked him If I could take his picture. He said, yes, yes..I asked him to smile and he said he does not know how to smile. He forgot how too...I was crushed and again wished I could do more....May God bless John...

Picture made with Pentax K-7

Too see more from this series, please visit my new blog

Jgredline, fantastic shots as always and what a kind gesture to some poor souls........I'm really touched by your kindness

Couple from me

3909616551_343b5bc8cb.jpg

3910394044_f414871474.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back