Cardiff Bay

Hi Simon,

1. The colours and pattern of the lights are appealing but I think the shot is a bit confusing in the way it's presented, less is often more.

2. The most successful composition for me and the best overall image of the four in my view. I would prefer a colour version I think. It's a good record shot of the area although it lacks any real focal point and area of interest.

3. There is a shot here but this isn't it. The composition feels uncomfortable and the sunlight is causing the rest of the scene to underexpose dramatically. Had you moved and obscured the sun and recomposed you may have achieved a better result. There are really good elements, the walkway offers potentially a good lead into the scene and the light reflecting in the water are great, try and concentrate on the strengths, again less is more!

4. Although I'm not a big fan of selective colour, the image works quite well in showing the colourful graffiti and is well composed, it wouldn't have worked nearly as well without the car in motion.

Regards, Tim.

1. I like this shot and I like the dramatic effect of the red being reflected on the wet path.
2. The shot is okay but I find the car and bin distracting, a slight re-composition (maybe a step forward loose the bin ) and without the bin/car the shot would of work for me.
3. I agree with Cartus that less is more. I think the pierhead building alone would look great with a dramatic cloudy sky behind it.
4 I like this shot and the car adds interest to the shot. The graffiti looks great and I do like the colour pop although I wish you had continued the colour pop to the end of the security boards.

1. I would suggest that it needs some levelling as everything is leaning to the right.

3. There is a shot here but this isn't it. The composition feels uncomfortable and the sunlight is causing the rest of the scene to underexpose dramatically. Had you moved and obscured the sun and recomposed you may have achieved a better result. There are really good elements, the walkway offers potentially a good lead into the scene and the light reflecting in the water are great, try and concentrate on the strengths, again less is more!

Yes, there are a number of potentially good elements, but they don't quite hang together in this.

I think there is maybe some potential for a good shot at a different time of day.

Back