Cardiff Marathon (58k warning)

Name
Andy Jones
Edit My Images
Yes
Up at an unearthly hour yesterday for the drive to Cardiff but a great day and pretty pleased with the results:

IMG_9289.JPG

IMG_9311.JPG

IMG_9312.JPG

IMG_9291.JPG

IMG_9343.JPG

IMG_9362.JPG

IMG_9340.JPG

IMG_9416.JPG

IMG_9394.JPG

IMG_9447.JPG

All shot with 30D + 70-200 f/4L

nice

did you get any moody people who didnt like you shooting them while they ran?

nice

did you get any moody people who didnt like you shooting them while they ran?

No, had quite a few waves and (y) but no hostiles. I tend to shoot from a crouched position so maybe I'm not "in their face" so much?

Long way half a marathon!
Looks a bigger proportion of serious running types there than the Nike runners in Hyde park.
No hostiles there either but near the water stations was the worst place - bottles flying everywhere!

How did you find the focusing? I used servo with the Sigma 150mm and it kept up most of the time but there were more than a few OOF.

Nice shots :)

How did you find the focusing? I used servo with the Sigma 150mm and it kept up most of the time but there were more than a few OOF.

It was one of the things I was testing out. I normally use only the centre af point and servo mode has let me down in the past. Yesterday I turned all the af points on and made sure to get the centre point over the subject before tracking and it worked great. I only binned about 10 out of 500 shots cos they were OOF and most of those were when the subject was obscured.

Ace shots - I had every intention of shooting this event from start to finish, but something came up :(
I was around town most of the day though - and the atmosphere was fab :D

Great shots. You've managed to capture a nice variety of runners there :)

Do all people look like that in Cardiff?? *runs away*

You've got a good selections of expressions there, I can almost feel their pain (almost) ;)

Good shootin' :)

Back