Cardiff, night shootin'

H

Hoodi

Went out for a gander with chewyuk this evening - cracking chap, a pleasure to shoot with - definitely something we'll have to do again soon!

Here's what I came up with :

Think I've overcooked this one :
1nf1.jpg

A bit more relaxed :
2hp6.jpg

With a tree! :
3fr2.jpg

HDR naffness that I've done quite poorly, has obliterated the nice lighting :/
4pv4.jpg

City hall - a strangely lit building, quite hard to shoot! :
5yy4.jpg

Good ol' Mr. George :
6am1.jpg

Obligatory night-shooting light trails :
8en5.jpg

Under the bridge :
7hq5.jpg

#3 and #6 for me, Hoodi; #1 IS a little overcooked, and it's a real shame #4 didn't quite work - if the lights at the top of the building weren't so blown out it'd be great!

#1, is a little over cooked, but I still like it, because its different.

Looks like it could be in a scene from Dr Who.

5 6 & 8 are brilliant - No 6 probably my fav

Hey Hoodi - It was a cracking night, really enjoyed it and the company !
Think I'll need much more night shot practice, but with your tips my learning curve should be allot quicker mate. I'll post some of my efforts up shortly. You managed a nice one of City Hall, even though the lighting really didnt help. Cheers Chewyuk

Quick job, little editing, but here you go, once again Hoodi cheers for last night - great laugh..

259656323_724ab29e0a.jpg

259656327_7e56153a9c.jpg

259656339_70b55cf174.jpg

259656332_973a03f4a5.jpg

259656340_9899d71dd3.jpg

Hope I'm not hijacking Hoodi, but as it was the same shoot - I thought this would be cool :)
btw your framing is excellent, these are raw and will work on framing and teaching myself something new this afternoon !

Cheers Chewyuk

Cheers for the comments all - and some groovy stuff there, Neil - particularly liking that second one, you got far more light in the foreground than I was expecting. The last one is quite different to what I was doing under there, too - having laughed at not being able to get any detail under the bridge, I managed to recover some :thinking:

Think I'll re-do #1 and post it tommorow.

Such a great personal style that really brings out the beauty of the night. Adore them all mate.

Glad to see your not just a talented country boy :)

Back