Carry on Camera bag?

Name
Bob
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, Off to Iceland in a few weeks, flying with easyjet. Does anyone know of a camera bag that fits their carry on rules? 50x40x20 is the guaranteed size and an exception can be granted upto 55x40x20? I don't want to spend loads on it as Ive got a couple of bags already, ones too small for what I want to take, and the others far too big. I really don't want to put my gear in the hold (I worked at Heathrow for a few years and saw how luggage can be handled!)

Hi, Off to Iceland in a few weeks, flying with easyjet. Does anyone know of a camera bag that fits their carry on rules? 50x40x20 is the guaranteed size and an exception can be granted upto 55x40x20? I don't want to spend loads on it as Ive got a couple of bags already, ones too small for what I want to take, and the others far too big. I really don't want to put my gear in the hold (I worked at Heathrow for a few years and saw how luggage can be handled!)
Is there something you forgot to mention? ;)

If you mean the kit, Its a 6D, 17-40L, 24-105L, 80-200L, 550ex flash, filter kit, batteries, charger, (tripod will go in the hold bag), more batteries. Basically I want something that hits the 50x40x20cm limit that I can get as much as possible in and protects the gear in it!

Last edited:
When I went I just put my everyday camera bag inside my wheelie case I use as carry on, you not taking enough kit to need a new bag for me.

If your going to Iceland you really should take a wide angle that is faster than f4 for the lights!

I've shot the lights from Northumberland with F4 successfully, not looking at spending too much on another lens

If you mean the kit, Its a 6D, 17-40L, 24-105L, 80-200L, 550ex flash, filter kit, batteries, charger, (tripod will go in the hold bag), more batteries. Basically I want something that hits the 50x40x20cm limit that I can get as much as possible in and protects the gear in it!

Have a look at the thinktank airport essential. I've used one before for flying and it worked well. Only issue is the cost, you could sell it after your trip.

Im off to Iceland with EasyJet next March. We've booked Speedy board and my Vertex 100 fits inside those limits. Should hold all your gear.

I actually swapped a vertex 100 for a 200! on these forums! and the 200 is too big :-\

Will have a look at think tank stuff

Last edited:
I have a lowepro 300aw that I used on thomsons and jet2. Living not too far away you could borrow it if you collect and return (Chester le street) should get all your gear and a bottle of whiskey on the return flight....[emoji23] only jokin haha! Inbox me if needed.

If you get speedy boarding ie pay the extra, you can take a bigger bag, check on their website and see if your other bag meets the requirements. Think it's 56x45x25

I bought a Thinktank airport accelerator v2 to solve my budget airlines issues

Thanks for the ideas guys, last two are a bit expensive for my needs, as I don't usually travel abroad a lot!

Maybe one of the Lowepro Prorunners, I have the 300AW and it swallows my medium format (RB67) gear no trouble - I can't see the kit you list having trouble fitting in. They're one of the most space efficient camera bag designs I've come across.

They're also pretty comfortable in-use.

I've shot the lights from Northumberland with F4 successfully, not looking at spending too much on another lens

Cost me £20 for a samyang 14mm f2.8 bought it brand new before I left and flogged it on here when I returned was worth every penny!

Cost me £20 for a samyang 14mm f2.8 bought it brand new before I left and flogged it on here when I returned was worth every penny!

£20 I could manage!

Buy and sell it's all down to being sure you'll get rid of it. I was slightly tempted to keep the 14mm but in all honesty I thought it was too wide for anything other than astro work.

I did the same with a 100-400mm for trip to Sri Lanka eventual cost about 30 quid or so.

It's cheaper than renting as long as you have the cash up front.

Back