CAS Valencia

Cobra

In Memoriam. TPer Emeritus
Admin
Name
The real Chris
Edit My Images
No
I like 'em Chris! I think the angles you've chosen make for some very dynamic shots.

I like 'em Chris! I think the angles you've chosen make for some very dynamic shots.

You are too kind young sir (y)

I still have a very long way to go, before I get anywhere near "close" to you though. ;)

You are too kind young sir (y)

I still have a very long way to go, before I get anywhere near "close" to you though. ;)

Oh shush! Hard to get feedback around here. Let's hope some other offer critique.

Ok from someone who doesn't do this sort of thing all I can say is WOW (y)
Especially the 3rd one :D

I am not sure whether these are soft and then over sharpened or you just have a bit of camera shake but they don't look very crisp to me.

Also I find the compositions are a bit lacking in a few of the shots, you don't have defined, foreground, midground and background subject matter.

I would try and work on the white balance a bit to try and lessen the yellow and green cast, although I know this can be a bit tricky with narrow spectrum city lighting.

These are just my opinions though and my be at cross purposes to what you are trying to create.

The white balance could be better on some I find cooling images like this with camera helps to get sharper images.

Ok from someone who doesn't do this sort of thing all I can say is WOW (y)
Especially the 3rd one :D
Thanks Ingrid I appriciate you dropping buy and commenting (y)

I am not sure whether these are soft and then over sharpened or you just have a bit of camera shake but they don't look very crisp to me.
There is a little bit of shake in there as I didn't use a shutter release,
(approx 20sec exposures)
you live and learn ;)

Also I find the compositions are a bit lacking in a few of the shots, you don't have defined, foreground, midground and background subject matter.
I would try and work on the white balance a bit to try and lessen the yellow and green cast, although I know this can be a bit tricky with narrow spectrum city lighting.

These are just my opinions though and my be at cross purposes to what you are trying to create.
I was try to be "abstract" mainly, and that is well out of my comfort zone.
I appreciate your comments and input thank you (y)

The white balance could be better on some I find cooling images like this with camera helps to get sharper images.
I appreciate your input and taking the time to comment thank you (y)

If you don't have a shutter release you can use the timer set to 2 or 3 seconds.

Not as good as Mup and a shutter release but better than using your finger.

If you don't have a shutter release you can use the timer set to 2 or 3 seconds.

Thanks for the tip (y)

If I forget my cable release :eek: (usually camera on a wall type thing) I use the mirror lock up rather than the timer.

Last edited:
If I forget my cable release :eek: (usually camera on a wall type thing) I use the mirror lock up rather than the timer.

Thats what I did actually :D

Another useful tip thanks (y)

Shot here a couple of times myself, mainly early morning (around dawn time), and from experience it is very difficult to get everything right, ambient light, artificial light mixtures always cause me a few issues. You have gone a very good job here my friend.

The location and buildings are stunning, you have done the area justice and should be pleased with the results.

I'm due to go back mid 2014, around 9th June, and will then have the opportunity to do some night shooting, the place is much better in the evening than early morning.

Well done with this very pleasing set.

Shot here a couple of times myself, mainly early morning (around dawn time), and from experience it is very difficult to get everything right, ambient light, artificial light mixtures always cause me a few issues. You have gone a very good job here my friend.

The location and buildings are stunning, you have done the area justice and should be pleased with the results.

I'm due to go back mid 2014, around 9th June, and will then have the opportunity to do some night shooting, the place is much better in the evening than early morning.

Well done with this very pleasing set.

WoW!
Thank you very much for your positive encouragement!
Good luck with your next shoot too (y)

The problem there now is that they turn off the lighting at night to save money. This means the best opportunities are in the winter, when the place is still open (so illuminated) and it's dark.

I'm only on a mobile but the pictures look terrific.

I do agree self timer is the way to go if you don't have a cable release

Thanks Steve Much appreciated, (y)
as above I do have a release, but managed to leave it behind somehow :bang:

Back