Critique Castle gardens feedback request

Name
Jonny
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, decided to go out with my camera today and try something other than my car.

All photos were at the same castle gardens about 10 miles from where I live. Album on flickr with the ones I kept after PP https://flic.kr/s/aHsk6CdDcZ
All feedback appreciated.

Here are a few of my favourite ones.

Last edited:
A nice set. Although there is a lot of images in the set, i would pick out your best ones and link them directly into the thread, More chance of getting feedback from other people in here.

I liked the one of the bridge with the arches underneath but feel you could have improved that by getting closer and getting more of the reflections on the water.

Thanks I'll put my select few in the thread.

To be honest the reflections on the water never even crossed my mind.

A set of images that show great colours. You have a good eye for seeing things framed, for example the bench in the boughs of the trees. The first one here is an image of two halves though, maybe lose the rhs? With the robin, it's a pity he is in the shade, but spot metering on the robin would have exposed him better. Love the tower in the arch, a real old and new together shot, suggest getting down lower to take the shot to given the tower a tad more breathing space at top?

A set of images that show great colours. You have a good eye for seeing things framed, for example the bench in the boughs of the trees. The first one here is an image of two halves though, maybe lose the rhs? With the robin, it's a pity he is in the shade, but spot metering on the robin would have exposed him better. Love the tower in the arch, a real old and new together shot, suggest getting down lower to take the shot to given the tower a tad more breathing space at top?
Thanks for the feedback.

There's something about the two halves that I like myself but I did expect someone to mention it.

The robin was just pot luck, I couldn't get close enough and don't have a decent focal length lens yet so it's quite a big crop. Of the all shots I took, that was the only one where it was sharp enough cropped. I did use the spot brush (think that's the name) to increase it's exposure a bit.

The tower one I probably could have spent more time moving about to compose it better but I still have a bad habit of rushing.

Last edited:
Back