castle tower

My feeling is that it needs some colour in the mono bit to balance the sky. You could retain the feel by split-toning that part a little in something that compliments the top.

Otherwise good idea, but not for me.

Keep playing. There are obvious flaws, like sky bleeding on the building, and pretty bright halo on the sides.

I find that is impossible to rely on photoshop sky replace tool, and Luminar is even worse still. In best case scenario it needs tweaking. If you your sky layer brightness is set correctly all you have to do is just set it to either darken or multiply, and select brightness cut off points, then mask further as necessary; and it always helps to have (or make cleanly) the original sky as close to white as possible and avoid any nearly blown branches, or lens flares, blooming, etc. It is a last resort option really when you have to get some building exterior to a client and it is horrible outside.

A mid ground super easy option is just to blend the top part of the sky. Clearly they have to be very seamless and similar or basically just adding a few little clouds...

My feeling is that it needs some colour in the mono bit to balance the sky. You could retain the feel by split-toning that part a little in something that compliments the top.

Otherwise good idea, but not for me.
I'm not into colour grading with false colours, but here that would be clearly better than nothing, and retaining at least 10% of original colour would be advisable to avoid obvious colour mode mismatch between sky and foreground. Then there should be an obvious sky colour reflection in the body of water which is where things get overly complicated. I would argue sky is too dark for the foreground too, or the top part at least.

Back