Castlerigg Barn at Sunset

Name
Peter
Edit My Images
Yes
Taken a couple of weeks ago (my birthday to be exact) just next to Castlerigg Stone Circle in the Lake District. This was one of the most magical sunsets I've witnessed with fantastic light, a cloud inversion and even a rainbow. The image doesn't really do it justice but I'm happy to share it. I wasn't keen to share the time with the tourists around the circle so went up the lane to capture a panorama of the next door field. This was originally a stitch of about vertical 10 images but I cropped out around 3 off the right as they didn't add to the image. I'm certainly glad I worked the images from left to right as Blencathra disappeared in the growing inversion by the time I'd finished.

Castlerigg Barn at Sunset by Peter Bindon, on Flickr

It's a lovely image. ..gorgeous light and many other elements coming together just at the right time.
I'm betting you're right though.
I bet this image is only a poor cousin to the view your eyes actually saw....and in that I mean no disrespect to your photograph!

I have looked at this very barn and lane, similarly not wanting to share the circle with others.
Had not thought of a multi image stitch.
Well seen.
But the right side messes with my head, is the stitch rotated left?

I like this...but...the road on the left of the image leads my eye away from the barn (?) and rightmost mountain range which I feel should share centre stage. I appreciate the rainbow might be lost in a crop but I think, for me, it'd be worth it :).

Great pano though despite my whinge :)

It's a lovely image. ..gorgeous light and many other elements coming together just at the right time.
I'm betting you're right though.
I bet this image is only a poor cousin to the view your eyes actually saw....and in that I mean no disrespect to your photograph!
Thanks Ruth. No disrespect taken. I don't think any camera could have caught the moment

I have looked at this very barn and lane, similarly not wanting to share the circle with others.
Had not thought of a multi image stitch.
Well seen.
But the right side messes with my head, is the stitch rotated left?
Thanks Alan. I've looked at the individual shots and it looks like the ground rises on the right. I've even checked google street view and it looks the same

Thats a beauty Peter
Cheers Neil

I like this...but...the road on the left of the image leads my eye away from the barn (?) and rightmost mountain range which I feel should share centre stage. I appreciate the rainbow might be lost in a crop but I think, for me, it'd be worth it :).

Great pano though despite my whinge :)
Excellent shot there but I would be tempted to crop out the road
Thanks Glyn. Thanks John. I'll have a play later with a crop. I'm keen to keep the rainbow though even if it is just for me to remember all the elements of that sunset.

Back