Caterpillars

Name
kurt
Edit My Images
No
Beautiful Limacodidae caterpillar. Pahang, Malaysia.
Limacodid caterpillar IMG_1434 copy by Kurt (orionmystery.blogspot.com), on Flickr

Beautiful caterpillar, Thosea sp.(?). Selangor, Malaysia.
Thosea sp. IMG_3192 copy by Kurt (orionmystery.blogspot.com), on Flickr

Unidentified
_MG_3644 copy by Kurt (orionmystery.blogspot.com), on Flickr

Malay Baron caterpillar (Euthalia monina monina) Selangor, Malaysia.
Euthalia monina monina IMG_8587 copy by Kurt (orionmystery.blogspot.com), on Flickr

Wet version, after a heavy downpour.
Euthalia monina monina IMG_4335 copy by Kurt (orionmystery.blogspot.com), on Flickr

Two dipteran puparia (singular, puparium) in the cocoon of a Cyana species moth (Lepidoptera: Arctiidae: Lithosiinae). The caterpillar was parasitized by either Tachinidae or Sarcophagidae flies. Info credit: Stoy Hedges, Roberto Pantaleoni, Marcus Ng. Selangor, Malaysia.
Parasitized caterpillar IMG_4721 copy by Kurt (orionmystery.blogspot.com), on Flickr

Unidentified caterpillar
IMG_1147 copy by Kurt (orionmystery.blogspot.com), on Flickr

Lasiocampidae caterpillar?
IMG_9900 copy by Kurt (orionmystery.blogspot.com), on Flickr

More caterpillars: http://orionmystery.blogspot.com/2012/12/caterpillars.html

Cracking set (y)
That first one is absolutely stunning!

Stunning Kurt as always, that Malay Baron caterpillar is awesome.
what colours they all have and have for a reason I guess. (y)

Kurt, Yet another absolutely "Stunning" set of images.(y)

George.

Amazing stuff again Kurt. That 4th one looks so delicate but I really like the pose the unidentified one is giving you. He obviously wants to be "discovered" ;)

What fascinating subjects,and never ceases to amaze me the process they go through !!
Cracking set and expertly taken as usual :)

Clive

Amazing set and critters so good to have some foreign bugs on show here shame ill probably never get to see them live. :(

Amazing stuff again Kurt. That 4th one looks so delicate but I really like the pose the unidentified one is giving you. He obviously wants to be "discovered" ;)

Thanks, Timmy. That caterpillar is suggested to be a Homodes sp. by Stephane De Greef.

Oh, what wonderful subjects you find Kurt and how well you photograph them. It is a privilege to see your work, and gasp, in wonder, time and again. Marvellous.

Thanks, Nick.

What fascinating subjects,and never ceases to amaze me the process they go through !!
Cracking set and expertly taken as usual :)

Clive

Thanks, Clive.

Amazing set and critters so good to have some foreign bugs on show here shame ill probably never get to see them live. :(

Thanks, Bryn. You can find many critters like these in South East Asia, which is not that far away :)

Back