Cats in water!

Lovely images, nice POV on the first, you got in close?

TFS
I would like to say that it took skill and lots of field craft but the jaguars are really unperturbed by boats! Yes we could get clos and use of articulating screens helped get lower pov

Nice work, like them both and difficult to pick a fave. I think number 2 edges it.

John they are super.2 sets of eyes looking Shaz simply said wow she is very critical mate !! Very few images I show her get a wow

Bud being nit picky I'd like to see the whole frame on the first I love neg space and just a smidge off the back of 2nd, as always beautiful frames deserve debate. Love the action in the second, but I think the first edges it for me........Buddy talk me through the techs gear used please?

So glad your trip was wonderful ha preddy jealous right now I'd adore seeing a jag :love:

Nice - look forward to hearing and seeing more about your trip!

Nice - look forward to hearing and seeing more about your trip!
The downside of trips like this are the 1000s of photos to sort and edit. The pressure is also on as SWMBO wants a book of the trip for Christmas :eek::eek:. Am posting a few pics on my Flickr over time but will post some on here. Thank you

John they are super.2 sets of eyes looking Shaz simply said wow she is very critical mate !! Very few images I show her get a wow

Bud being nit picky I'd like to see the whole frame on the first I love neg space and just a smidge off the back of 2nd, as always beautiful frames deserve debate. Love the action in the second, but I think the first edges it for me........Buddy talk me through the techs gear used please?

So glad your trip was wonderful ha preddy jealous right now I'd adore seeing a jag :love:
Stu - Shaz is obviously a woman of impeccable taste!!
Trip was great, I was torn between just wanting to watch some spectacular things and getting photographs! Here is the full frame, I thought that a portrait crop was better - just my opinion. Generally things were harder to photograph than I imagined - harsh light, moving boat (note aggly water level), people getting in your line of sight etc. The birds were flightier than I expected - not so the jaguars, just lots of vegetation in the way!! Thanks for the comments
OM1 with 150-400, ISO 1000, 1/2500, F5.6K1018908.jpg

Ha yup.shes also blummin brutal with crit you did well my fried no way I could repeat some of her comments.she sort of takes ya head off at the waist John :runaway: :LOL: I'm not traveled but the one thing I took form Ian's images was how much a fight the harsh light could be..............mind that's the way of the world with wildlife.

I have nowt but admiration for both of you John and the images made and yes OMG YES, isn't it the hard thing choosing to see through a viewfinder or one's eye...I do that with hares I see oft.......have no idea where my head would be with a Jag infront of me on a boat with others

Ok I'm gonna go there..mate with a slight correction for water level honestly I'd take your FF...my base mantra is here "stu if ya want a portrait frame a portrait,or simply I feel I failed the scene in front of me"......that's part of this for sure...........but moreso my take on my failings is a very simplistic take

mate with a plethera of outside factors ; boat, others, a freakin' Jaguar right in front of you, camera techs etc etc etc.your gut, your instinct, framed the above.our opinions may differ bud ,but trust where your guts went.

Honestly I don't think you needed to throw all those pixies away to crop to portrait...ran this by Shaz which one babe? Oh god they are ace...( shuush already:LOL:)........ the second one,it's ( jag) so big so powerful is needs more space than the first picture

your Ff in landscape could have a tweak to waterlevel a snip off the LHS an top.and although your personal opinion is way more valid than mine or my lady's when ya framed your gut instincts framed...

when we think about things we don't always better ourselves.

Does that make sense bud?

Ha yup.shes also blummin brutal with crit you did well my fried no way I could repeat some of her comments.she sort of takes ya head off at the waist John :runaway: :LOL: I'm not traveled but the one thing I took form Ian's images was how much a fight the harsh light could be..............mind that's the way of the world with wildlife.

I have nowt but admiration for both of you John and the images made and yes OMG YES, isn't it the hard thing choosing to see through a viewfinder or one's eye...I do that with hares I see oft.......have no idea where my head would be with a Jag infront of me on a boat with others

Ok I'm gonna go there..mate with a slight correction for water level honestly I'd take your FF...my base mantra is here "stu if ya want a portrait frame a portrait,or simply I feel I failed the scene in front of me"......that's part of this for sure...........but moreso my take on my failings is a very simplistic take

mate with a plethera of outside factors ; boat, others, a freakin' Jaguar right in front of you, camera techs etc etc etc.your gut, your instinct, framed the above.our opinions may differ bud ,but trust where your guts went.

Honestly I don't think you needed to throw all those pixies away to crop to portrait...ran this by Shaz which one babe? Oh god they are ace...( shuush already:LOL:)........ the second one,it's ( jag) so big so powerful is needs more space than the first picture

your Ff in landscape could have a tweak to waterlevel a snip off the LHS an top.and although your personal opinion is way more valid than mine or my lady's when ya framed your gut instincts framed...

when we think about things we don't always better ourselves.

Does that make sense bud?
Thank you Stu - apologies for the delay in responding but grandchild #3 arrived and is in ICU. Thank you for your input and thoughts - signed copies are available for your better halfs christmas :LOL:

No probs.me olde mate huge grats and love and thoughts that ICU is short lived and all is well.that'll be the best chrimbo pressie we all could wish for (y) (y)

No probs.me olde mate huge grats and love and thoughts that ICU is short lived and all is well.that'll be the best chrimbo pressie we all could wish for (y) (y)
Thanks Stu, agree about the pressie and all going ok so far

Back