Celebrity Silhouette, a transport of delight

Name
Christopher
Edit My Images
Yes
In May this year I went on a cruise, with my two sons and their wives, to celebrate the elder ones fortieth birthdays. It was my first deep sea trip, if the Med can be called deep sea, since I was an Electrical Officer on tankers in the 60's and 70's, and given the cost, probably the only one I shall do. My cabin was towards the stern on deck 8, three decks above the lifeboats in this picture. We visited Santorini and, because of the height of the island, I was able to get this almost aerial view of the ship which in these dark November days reminds me of the wonderful time I had.

View attachment 24983

That is a lovely warm summer shot love the deep colour of the sea and that ship is amazing, massive pieces of engineering. It mist have been quite an experience, I would love it but unless those 6 numbers come up I have no chance.

Nice shot.

Was she anchored inside the volcano rim? Do you have a wider view including the rim? If the sea turns mauve, the volcano is about to erupt!!

The secret to booking cruises is to do them at the last minute, not when first announced. My mum has just returned from the Queen Victoria Med cruise, paid 1/3 of the first announced price.

That is a lovely warm summer shot love the deep colour of the sea and that ship is amazing, massive pieces of engineering. It mist have been quite an experience, I would love it but unless those 6 numbers come up I have no chance.

Hi Steve, the lotto numbers coming up is probably the only way I will be able ti go on another one, unless my children treat their "poor old dad". It was a wonderful experience, the thing that I would have loved was an engine room visit, but with all the "terrorist security" and "if you get injured you will sue" rubbish nowadays, they no longer do them, although they still do bridge visits they only take place in port when the ship is moored up.

Hi Keefyp,

Nice shot.
Thank you, while we were on the island she swung on her anchor and was in the perfect position.

Was she anchored inside the volcano rim? Do you have a wider view including the rim? If the sea turns mauve, the volcano is about to erupt!!
Yes we were anchored inside the rim, a beautiful location. I've got wider views, I'll sort out a couple and post them in the next few days.

The secret to booking cruises is to do them at the last minute, not when first announced. My mum has just returned from the Queen Victoria Med cruise, paid 1/3 of the first announced price.
On this one we had to book early as both my sons, and their wives, work so it all had to be arranged well in advance. Did your mum go on her own? With this one if I had gone on my own they wanted virtually the same money as they were charging for two. Fortunately an old friend go mine wanted to go so we shared a cabin.

Back