Cetti's Warbler (couple pics added)

…first for me too, a cutie! :)

I stood looking for one at WWT Barnes a couple of weeks ago. I gave up after 40 minutes... It was singing it's head off, but couldn't find the bloody thing!! :rolleyes:

I've photographed them several times, even saw two together once but I've heard them many more times than I've seen them. :)

Cheers everyone comments as always much appreciated !

Here a couple more shots that I got? Nearly all the rest I took besides these are very typical of the birds behaviour with more reeds than bird on show as it spent 99% of the time skulking in the bottom of the reeds with just a rustle showing its whereabouts !

Cetti's Warbler by Mick Erwin, on Flickr

Cetti's Warbler by Mick Erwin, on Flickr

Last edited:
From the last you can see why some confuse it with the Wren, even despite the size difference. :)

From the last you can see why some confuse it with the Wren, even despite the size difference. :)

Yes if a birder hadn't spotted it I would have not thought it was anything special, as you say last pic a classic wren pose ?

I learnt something here cheers both I'd have said wren without the follow on comment thanks Roger, If it was in front of me maybe the size would be more apparent ,I hope I know what wren looks like and it's size,,but from the pics and how similar the cetti is .all new to me

Mick fab series you always seem to nail it bro,really well done. Tis alright standing in the cold for hours if ya get something,tis the days when ya don't,that one feels the cold;)

stu

I learnt something here cheers both I'd have said wren without the follow on comment thanks Roger, If it was in front of me maybe the size would be more apparent ,I hope I know what wren looks like and it's size,,but from the pics and how similar the cetti is .all new to me

The Wren also has more of a lined pattern to its feathers Stu and once you hear a Cetti's calling you will always remember it, very loud and distinctive ... many people hear it and wonder, and then are disappointed by how plain it looks if they ever get to see one! :D

Now you're just showing off!! ;)

LOL I had make most of it as probably never see another for a long while :) There were plenty looking for it today but no reports so lucky I decided to go yesterday!

We have these birds at my local reserve , never seen one , don't have to now :D , super shots !

Back