CF Express and XQD

Name
Graham
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all.
Bit of a thick question I guess but are CF Express and XQD the same, I have a XQD card and reader, As this one has started to fall apart I am thinking of upgrading to a CF Express card, Do I need to change the reader as well ?
Essentially they are the same card so..:help:

Cheers

Seems there are options:

XQD/CFExpress reader

But it's a little confusing as it talks about Sony CFExress cards. Do they mean Sony XQD and CFexpress or are they confusing the two?

Last edited:
Physically the mount is the same but the soft/firmware running the cards is different.

Thus, XQD will not work in a Fuji, because they didn't licence the software, whereas both XQD and CFExpress will work in Nikons, who did.

Thanks all, I get it now.
Problem solved.

Seems there are options:

XQD/CFExpress reader

But it's a little confusing as it talks about Sony CFExress cards. Do they mean Sony XQD and CFexpress or are they confusing the two?
Maybe if it is designed to work with both, or that CFExpress TypeB readers can also read XQD. But XQD readers won't be able to read CFExpress...

Maybe if it is designed to work with both, or that CFExpress TypeB readers can also read XQD. But XQD readers won't be able to read CFExpress...
I think I saw one that can read both cards.

Back