Chateau D-oex Hot air balloon , Switzerland

Edit My Images
No
Chateau D-oex in Switerland is the world mountain capital of Hot Air Ballooning, a quick shot from my visit a couple of weeks ago

simon

Chateau_deox_hot_air_balloon_photograph.jpg

I like that photo..
not sure whether to leave it in transport or move it to landscapes.
if it doesnt get many comments in here then i'll move it along to see if it gets more in Landscapes.

Looks like a postcard picture. Crop seems tight at top though.

Thanks for the feedback everyone...

Apologies about the watermarks on my postings these days but unfortunately I've recently had a couple of "incidents" with my images & I've decided that in order to discourage anyone a little more the watermarks are needed - I'd rather not see them myself but such is life !!

simon

I would have prefered to not see the roof at the bottom of the picture, and a little more "head room" above the balloon.
But a great picture none the less (y)

I would have prefered to not see the roof at the bottom of the picture, and a little more "head room" above the balloon.
But a great picture none the less (y)

Appreciate your feedback..

My thinking behind the shot was to leave a little foreground grass on the right/hand side & to try & include as much as the town as possible (on the right) - I agree the prominent building isn't the most characterful but I think cropping/leaving it out would weaken the composition a little

thanks

simon

Appreciate your feedback..

My thinking behind the shot was to leave a little foreground grass on the right/hand side & to try & include as much as the town as possible (on the right) - I agree the prominent building isn't the most characterful but I think cropping/leaving it out would weaken the composition a little

thanks

simon

Simon, On this occasion, I am not sure that is right, the roof really becomes the dominat point of focus, on the point that is just below one of the cross-points for the rule of thirds. I agree in as much that it may have been difficult to find another view and leave the remainder of the town in view, I'm sure you searched. Anyhow I'm just envious that you were in Switzerland! (y)

Simon, On this occasion, I am not sure that is right, the roof really becomes the dominat point of focus, on the point that is just below one of the cross-points for the rule of thirds. I agree in as much that it may have been difficult to find another view and leave the remainder of the town in view, I'm sure you searched. Anyhow I'm just envious that you were in Switzerland! (y)

I see your point - to be honest I could have tried a little harder with the composition, I was a bit too fascinated by the balloons in such great scenery !!

I'll just have to go back now and try another one ;)

thanks

simon

Back