Cheap 'Holdfast' Style Harness

Name
Matt
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm after a cheap harness that looks a bit like the Holdfast ones

Long story but i only need to use it once, so don't want to spend big money on it

I've checked a few places but can't seem to find any cheap rip-offs, do they even exist?

Thanks

Not sure about the Hold Fast design exactly, but lots of similar double and single sling-straps on Amazon/ebay for just a few quid.

Not sure I would trust my kit to the cheapest option ( just because it is for one use, one or many uses your kit only needs to hit the deck once)
Buy decent and resell after?

I have a fantastic double harness made to my specification by a saddler in southport.
In my opinion far better quality than the moneymaker ,all hand stitched with not one rivet and cost me under £100.
I wore it at a wedding for almost 15 hours carrying 2 x D800 with 24-70 f2.8 and 70-200 f2.8 .
Over the years I've used many different strap configurations but now would not use anything else when using two cameras.

I have a fantastic double harness made to my specification by a saddler in southport.
In my opinion far better quality than the moneymaker ,all hand stitched with not one rivet and cost me under £100.
I wore it at a wedding for almost 15 hours carrying 2 x D800 with 24-70 f2.8 and 70-200 f2.8 .
Over the years I've used many different strap configurations but now would not use anything else when using two cameras.

I do leather work (arthritis permitting) as well as my more tactical material bags and the only place I might use rivets is at a joint where you may need some movement.

Currently I am working on a modular shoulder bag in 1000D Corduroy, with a removable pouch (which will be part of the strap if you want or can be used on a belt etc) for a camera and inner pockets that will be removable to create a smaller bag.
I may also make it so it can be worn over one shoulder with a separate strap for the other side to act like a harness, with a camera connection like the ones above.

The idea is you can configure it however you like and change it back to a normal looking bag if you want to.

Some of them over here https://www.flickr.com/photos/leaky5/albums/72157668325287582

Last edited:
Try using an old leather belt slung diagonal over your chest. Works a treat

Back