cheap SB800 if you're good with screwdriver !!

£20...? hahahahha

Not a chance - it'd cost more than it's worth to repair...

Thanks to tim_uk for the heads-up (y)

I'll let you know if I can use it off camera or if it's spares only...

Just to update the thread and thank tim_uk again!

After an unfortunate RM delivery fiasco (posted on Tuesday and delivered on Friday...) the flash arrived very well packed.

Put batteries in and the display started flashing and constantly cycling power. Decided to do a reset (pressing 'mode & on/off' for 2 seconds) and that seemed to do it some good as it now works as a remote flash fine.

The only issue outstanding (apart from not having a hot shoe :LOL:) is that the ready light does not work, so the unit constantly charges and then enters standby (even though I have configured it to off)

I have asked Fixation via email for a quote to fix, but looking at it might try to find the parts on my own - has anyone any experience of Zen and the art of SB-800 maintenance? :geek:

Fixation never got back to me, but A J Johnstone in Glasgow have...

£182.85 - of which £91 is parts :puke:

I don't think its worth the hassle and should just use it as off camera lighting - anyone any opinions or a water damaged SB-800! :rules:

Does this mean that you would accept offers for this?

I'm in need of some bits to fix my broken SB800 and this might help me make 1 good flash, especially as Nikon want well over £150 to fix!!

Many thanks.

Back