Cheapest Lowepro Mini Trekker.

Marcel

Kim Jong Bod
Admin
Name
Marcel
Edit My Images
Yes
Right, I'm looking to buy a Lowepro Mini Trekker AW in the next few days, and could do with finding the cheapest place.

Fotosense which is actually local to me is standing at £74.99.
Warehouse Express is £73, but I'm not sure if they charge postage (for £2 I may as well go and pick one up from fotosense).

So, does anyone know of a place cheaper than fotosense?
I must say the bag market isn't that variable and eBay doesn't really bring the price down that much, as far as I can see (When you factor in postage etc).

I was thinking of the Mini Trekker AW, not the Mini Trekker Classic (which is cheaper), unless the difference really is minimal. (Does anyone know what the differences are, besides the weather covering?. Many different pockets, design etc?)

Regards

IIRC the newer version has a tripod carrier built in as well as weather proofing;)

Steve said:
IIRC the newer version has a tripod carrier built in as well as weather proofing;)

Yeah I've been reading that. I thought the Classic also had the tripod mounting. If that's a definite, then I'm going for the AW. That's one of the reasons I want to upgrade from this Hama/7Dayshop bag.

Didn't you have the classic? I could have swore I saw that tripod stuck to the side, unless it was glued on...lol

If I read correct, the tripod mounting is in the centre too, which is a bit of a pain for getting to your kit with it mounted apparently.

Yes, yes and no ;)

I do have the classic, you did see my tripod "glued to the side" but no it doesn't have tripod mounting. :D

I attach mine by hooking two of the tripod legs in the side clip and then tightening them both on each side. If I were buying again I would go for the AW version (it wasn't out when I bought mine) although I do hear and agree with what you are saying about the tripod fastening on the centre being wrong.

Is there not a slightly bigger bag in the range that has what you need plus tripod fastening on the side?

I was looking at the Photo Trekker, but its just out of my price range for what I can justify spending.

WRT the sidemounts on the Mini Trekker. I was having a look at the Mini Trekker AW in Jessops, and I noticed those clips on the side, and assumed they were the tripod straps, so maybe what you did is also an option on the AW. Much comfier IMO.

I think I'd like the peace of mind that the AW provides too. Like you, I've read many people say that although there isn't too much of a difference between the two, they'd plump for the AW version without a doubt.

you might want to consider the Nature Trekker AW II if you want a larger bag,
or if you want portablility and easy to get at kit they have launched a new ' Sling Shot ' bag, single diagonal shoulder strap , and the bag can swing round under your arm to get to a side access pocket, all without taking the bag of ,

these are £70 brand new from Jessops, or about £50 on ebay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7577490295&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

they do a 100 and 200 version,

i am thinking of getting one to supliment my huge Nature Trekker AW II ,

MyPix

Back