Cheapie half frame conversion

Ambermile

A Whole Lot of Sparkle..
Name
Arthur
Edit My Images
No
Bored today, new job in Wales Monday so can't really start anything major - so decided to convert one of the plastic fantastic beasties I have around here for some reason. This one is a Vivitar IC101 panoramic.

A simple op really, open the casing, remove the very simple index system, look at timing pawls...

IMG_20210714_125239.jpg

So in the pic first the longer of the two cocks the shutter and second the semi-circle one locks the film wind on mech. These need to be duplicated 180 degrees from their full frame positions. No, no pic cos I forgot...

Next up you will have to reassemble the camera and then mask the film window inside so the film only gets exposed half that for full frame... half frame, see :naughty:

IMG_20210714_181712.jpg

Up to you, but also doing some basic zombie-cut work on the viewfinder may help...

IMG_20210714_181654.jpg

There you are - Oh yeah, try not to break the film door catch when re-assembling :rolleyes:

Ran a half-used film (there's a common thread here...) through it just pointing at anything and that fiom is now drying as I type. Looks OK but note again it was a colour film removed from a camera I have no intention of using again so the film was sacrificial. I will drop some results up once it's dried off a bit.

Last edited:
Back