Critique 'Check me out' - Blue Tit showing off to the lens

Gav.

Challenge Owner
Name
Gav
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi

This Blue Tit was displaying for a few minutes, I think it may have reacted to the reflection in the lens??

Thank you for looking

Edit: New edit below

Gav

Blue tit by Gavin Wickham, on Flickr

Last edited:
It's sharp enough for sure. Personally, I'd crop it to straighten and to lose the surrounding branches. They kind work as a frame but I prefer simpler scenes, make it all about the bluetit. Don't fill the frame witrh it though, let it breathe, you have tons of diffuse background to play with as well as space for it to look into. A clever crop will get the bluetit on a 3rd.

The snipped ends of the sprigs pull my eye a little too, away from the bluetit, a simple spot heal here and there would sort that. (y)

The exposure is very good, with some detail in the whites.

Last edited:
It's sharp enough for sure. Personally, I'd crop it to straighten and to lose the surrounding branches. They kind work as a frame but I prefer simpler scenes, make it all about the bluetit. Don't fill the frame witrh it though, let it breathe, you have tons of diffuse background to play with as well as space for it to look into. A clever crop will get the bluetit on a 3rd.

The snipped ends of the sprigs pull my eye a little too, away from the bluetit, a simple spot heal here and there would sort that. (y)

The exposure is very good, with some detail in the whites.
Thanks Dale, I'll get on it, it was taken up the local wood the tree is just coming into bud, but now you mention them I see they are distracting, new edit below

Last edited:
I think that's a better crop with less distractions.

Also, being taken on the fly as you mention, you've done well.

Yep the second one works better

The edit works very well- good advice from Dale too :)

Les

Back